A picture is worth a thousand words...

Original Posting: January 13, 2017
Rewritten: December 18, 2021

...3 Weeks before Prologue...

:.:.: Dib's POV :.:.:

That's it, I give up.

I've just given up on humanity...

No one believes me, STILL after everything Zim has put us through. And now, we're all in hi skool. Today is the start of the new skool year and I'm 16 and a sophomore now. So, things just needed to change.

As we start up the new skool year, I'm honestly saying fuck it. I might get more done if I do nothing and just go through skool. Maybe I'll help the skool system in my future instead. We need more people with minds that can be leaders rather than mindless sheep anyways. Maybe I can mold those minds, spit balling here of course.

My future is in the air a bit.

Zim seems to be growing tired of it all too, as much as he's too prideful and doesn't want to admit it. So, I'm planning on making a deal with him. He leaves me alone, and I'll do the same for him. Hell, maybe Zim taking over the earth for his 'tallest', might be the best for this planet.

I looked over at Gaz as I was walking with her to her class, her hair had grown out a lot and she's 18 now. She's been leaning towards black torn up skinny jeans, purple and grey skull baby doll tee-shirts lately. I had noticed that she was beginning to look and more and more like mom. However, she seemed to have her own edge to it. It was nice to see.

I had seen pictures of my mom holding me and smiling or of her out and with her lab gear looking at different kinds of plants. I kind of had them in my wallet... It's a nice memento to carry with me wherever I go. It made me feel comfort as I thought of her watching over me now.

I looked over at Gaz as we got closer to her class first, mine was further down the hall, "Hey, Gaz."

"What Dib?" she asked irritated as she was in the middle of a boss battle and kicking ass as she looked at me.

"I'm giving up on following Zim and trying to expose him."

"What brought this on?" She asked slightly surprised now.

She placed her game down on her desk after beating the boss and letting the cut scene play without her. She had seen it for the millionth time so. I can understand just letting it play through without you. I walked in with her to talk for a bit longer.

"I'm tired of being called crazy." I sighed leaning against her desk, "Being dragged around doing dangerous things, and doing these things that save others for no reason. There's no point of me trying to save a planet that doesn't believe me and has kind of already doomed itself. But I do know you believe me. You and I both have been through most of Zim's crazy adventures together..."

She scoffed as she sat in her seat, "Yeah. I remember. You almost made us miss dinner at the pizza place with dad."

"Hey, we got there." I looked at her and saw a small smile. These moments were rare so, I enjoyed them while they were there.

"Dib, what do you plan on doing then?" She asked, "I mean, You're a sophomore now... As you know, I'm a senior and I'm not going to be here much longer. I got offered that job to test games for gameslave, like I've always wanted. So, what do you want to do?"

"Not sure yet..." I sighed, "Maybe I'll work in one of Dad's labs? He probably needs more help than anything else... There are so many other discoveries that need to be found here on earth too... Maybe... I'll find that plant mom discovered and finish her work..."