A Lot of Firsts and Meetings...

Hey to all the patient readers out there! Thanks so much sorry if the last chapter got everyone upset since it wasn't a real chapter but an A/N... Sorry. However, here's the next chapter for you guys!

.::. 3rd Person POV .::.

Driving down to the Irken base. Everyone was jumpy and worried things would turn out for the worst. Whenever we stopped it was dead silence. It was strange for Y/N. It was as if you all had broken the law or something and tried not to get caught. As Y/N looked around the car everyone was doing their own things.

Zim was on his data pad writing up his report on the rescue mission and setting it up for a message to be sent. It was all in code as well. As to not be tracked too easily. Gaz was sitting with Dib in the front with her gameslave. However, as she played she was losing battles she would have normally swept through like nobody's business. Dib was holding the wheel tightly as he kept looking back at his mom. He was glad to have her physically there and not in some photograph.

Y/N decided to brake the strong and tense air as Girr was laying in her lap, "Um... is there anything I can read?"

"Awww... You get sick if you do that." Girr spoke in his very animated voice not reading the situation too well.

Y/N looked about unhappy about that until he spoke up, "We can play music!" He hopped off her lap and started to play with the radio. Zim was starting to yell at Girr as music played.

*play the music video*

It was a very upbeat song. Y/N's antenna perked up and she smiled as she nodded to the beat, "I like it... It's different."

Girr was nodding to the music and smiling at the music happily. It was a good distraction for the tense situation. That was when everyone realized, this was Y/N's first song she had ever heard.

Dib smiled and laughed a bit, "You know, this is a good song."

"Do you want us to get caught you stupid-pitiful-hooman!? We just-!" Zim growled

Gaz sighed and cut in as she turned up the music a bit, "And no one suspects us. So, relax..."

Zim didn't really but saw how everyone started to sing to the lyrics.

I've been waiting for months, waiting for years, waiting for you to change.

Aw, but there ain't much that's dumber, there ain't much that's dumber

than pinning your hopes on a change in another.

And I, yeah I still need you, but what good's that gonna do?

Needing is one thing, and getting, getting's another.

Zim noticed that this was what human families did together when they went on trips or other things that he had never experienced. That was the same for this hybrid Y/N.

Y/N was having a good time with this as well. As she joined in at the end of the song quite gleefully. She had a pretty good singing voice but, it was untrained. (If you do have a very well-trained voice I apologize. I bet it's beautiful.)

I've been hoping for months, hoping for years, hoping I might forget.

Aw but it don't get much dumber, it don't get much dumber

than trying to forget a girl when you love her!

And I, yeah I still need you, but what good's that gonna do?