twenty-four

༻✧༺

"So then what happened?" Your moms voice boomed through the speaker as you were getting ready for bed.

After the movies you decided to go home and shower. Normally you spent weekends with jin but you desperately needed to call your mom. Your phone was propped against the bathroom mirror as you applied your nightly skincare.

"They just started fighting. It was so crazy, their friends had to pull them off of eachother and i literally could not do anything." You say massaging your night cream into your face.

"Wait..." she pauses. "They know eachother? Were they friends or did they just have mutual friends?" She asks before taking a bite of her late dinner.

"Mom... they knew eachother. Like they were friends for a brief period of time before i met Jin and its not like taehyung and i were together when he met them and started to hangout with them."

"This sounds messy. You really need to be careful, what if taehyung comes around more often?" She asks.

"No mom. They were fist fighting. There was blood on the floor and they literally had to be dragged away from each other, i dont think they will be seeing each other again." You laugh remembering the events of the night prior. It wasn't funny but the way you have to explain it out loud does make you take note of how weird the situation is. "And when i was cleaning up his face afterwards, he told me he loves me!" You screech excitedly, your heart pounds just thinking about it.

"And you love him?" She asks taking another bite while smiling. She was happy for you, it was obvious the way jin made you feel. It radiated through you.

"Mom..." you start taking a deep breath. "I do. I've never been so sure about it. I can not wait for you to meet him." You smile looking down at the phone screen.

"So when do i get to meet him?"

"Um... i dont know. Soon though, I promise! These next few months are going to be really busy for him but ill try and figure something out." You pick up your phone and bring it with you to the bedroom.

"Okay honey, i cant wait! Look, your dad is trying to watch his show so i'll call you tomorrow. I love you." She kisses into the camera.

"I love you too." You say kissing the camera back before ending the call.

You take a deep breath and walk out of the bathroom feeling nothing but happiness. Recently you cant help but feel like your life is falling into place. You're in love, you're in a good place with your parents, you have a career, a puppy, and most importantly you're happy. Its not necessarily that you're happiness revolves around other people, you just are surrounded by people who absolutely adore you and you've never really sat back and thought about it. Not only are you extremely privileged to be able to say you have this kind of life, you also are grateful that you do. It's one thing to have personal success but its another to be fully supported by people you love.

While you may not be able to afford expensive things, that didn't matter to you and it also didn't matter to you that Jin could. Even though he treated you to luxury things that he almost forced you to accept you learned that was his love language. He loves spoiling you and even though he knows the price of an item is not important he feels like you deserve the best of the best and since he has the means to give those things to you, he does. While you admit, it is nice to be able to experience those things while maintaining a simple life, you also couldn't imagine bragging about it. Jin is a humble man who understands his lifestyle isn't for everyone but when he thinks of you he can't help but spend his cash on a gift without even blinking. You weren't with him for the fancy dates or even that expensive pair of earrings he gifted you on your first month-iversary, in-fact you didn't care that he was basically swimming in cash. Money comes and goes but a love like you two have is priceless and he couldn't even buy it if he was the richest man on earth. And the best part is he understands that. He truly knows how lucky he is to not only love you but to have you love him back.