twenty-nine

༻✧༺

the morning air hits your skin as you hurry out the door in fear of being late for work. the weekend sped by and jin was now back in his own house. you simply cant explain the pure joy you felt around him and even though there had been some hiccups between you both, nothing more than mere misunderstandings, it wasnt hard to communicate now that you had laid everything out in the open with eachother. his life was rough and to most they would see a man who seemingly had his shit together- a young adult who was graced by riches and from the outside if he had any complaints about his position in this world he would be laughed at... but to you... you know him. you understand his struggles now that he had opened up to you. if he hadn't given you the opportunity to listen to what his parents put him through then you also would be biased to think some type of way towards him just like any other regular person.

your mind carelessly fades through the familiar drive to your job. your routine hasnt changed much since jin moved away, surely you exchanged morning kisses for emojis when you woke up but all in all you were finding it easy to get through the day even knowing you wouldnt see him when you got home.

scurrying your way into the monday chaos and to your classroom where you slip the key into the door and open up your darkened classroom, you're met with a mess of papers scattered at your feet. you sigh and lean down to collect the mess. as if it was instinct you flip on the light switch and realize the mess of papers was actually just your math sheets that you had left in the copy room on friday.

"good morning ms." you hear a small childs voice from behind you. you turn around and smile at the student and flash them a smile ignoring how early they are. some student show up earlier due to inconvenience of their parents work schedules. you dont mind in the slightest. if anything a few tiny helping hands make the morning preparations easier for you.

"good morning hani. would you be the biggest of help and give every seat a glue stick? we're going to have so much fun today." you smile brightly at the small girl at your legs.

she wasted no time taking off her backpack and stuffing it in her cubby before excitedly heading towards the supplies and carefully placing the glue at every seat in your classroom.

mondays dont have to be so bad. its hard enough on some of these kids waking up and whats better than starting their mondays and yours with an easy activity.

not much time passed before it was already lunch. you would be lying if you said you weren't starving. however, you managed to forget about bringing food for yourself. normally you pack your lunch or bring a prepackaged salad but jin stayed late last night and his presence consumed you. it completely skipped your mind that you would need to actually feed yourself the next day.

you somehow managed to find a few small snacks in your desk. an assortment of fruit snacks, pretzels, and even a half filled bottle of water made up your lunch for the day.

"better than nothing." you shrug to yourself and open the salty pretzels and start to fill your stomach.

"oh my god. i cant believe he did that." you hear the clack of heels enter your room. your attention switched up to the two women walking in.

"if that's chicken i smell im so jealous." you groan. the aroma of a warm meal hits your nose as the ladies draw closer to you.

"where's your lunch?" nari gasps at the sight.

"girl do you want some?" hajoon motions at her chicken. "actually don't answer that. here" she sticks her fork in a piece and graciously holds it over to you. you would be a fool not to accept the offer so you lean over and carefully wrap your mouth around the poultry, careful to not make contact with the fork.