four

༻✧༺

you opened the door of your apartment to be engulfed by not only the cold fall air, but also a tall shaky man.

the neediness of his body latched onto yours and you allowed yourself to sink into him and his warmth.

you hesitated before wrapping your arms around him, afraid that if you hold him for too long or too tight that you would become vulnerable again and allow him to deceive you for the second time.

you were scared but when his scent invaded your nose you sunk even deeper into his grasp and allowed yourself to wrap your arms around his waist.

he was shaking as he held you tight in his arms. his strength hadn't disappeared in the few months you've been apart however this was more a desperate need to know you were there for real.

"i fucking missed you so much." he spoke into your hair before pulling away slightly and allowing you to look at his complexion.

his puffy eyes, red nose, and cherry red lips caused your heart to soften. how long had he been crying for? the dark circles around his eyes sunk deep in his face and his messy long hair that he always kept so maintained was now wild and uncut. his roots so grown out that the golden brown he used to have was replaced halfway with the jet black of his natural color.

he looked rough.

"it's freezing out here, please come in." you gently spoke as you held back your emotions.

you truly missed the man standing before you. he was once so strong and confident but the way he seemed so weak and needy at this moment killed a part of you. sure he had begged you to stay before and even if you hate to admit it, you were under some kind of sick love spell.

you both walked into your apartment and sat on the couch next to each other. he was still so beautiful and angelic as before, regardless of his weak and shaggy appearance. his strong build still evident through his wrinkly, white shirt, he wasn't not keeping up on himself, he just didn't do as much as he used to.

"god, you look so beautiful. have you been taking care of yourself?" his unstable voice caused you to gulp.

"yes. and yourself?"

"no. fuck, i'm a mess without you." he looked down at his feet, suddenly insecure of what you might say face to face.

your heart was yearning for him. quickly you scooted next next to the man but he didn't look up at you. his gaze down at the dark wooden tile plastered across your living room. you watched him for a moment before a small drop of liquid fell from his face to the floor.

was he crying? your once so strong prince was crying? he couldn't be. definitely not. you stared at the floor to see a new tear hit the tile, breaking your heart as it fell.

"look at me." you whispered to him. he was emotional and your instinct was taking over. you needed to care for him.

he sniffled and wiped his eyes before his glossy eyes met yours. he was broken. it was so obvious that he was destroyed. although he did this to himself a part of you wanted to fix him. your heart so desperately wanted to make him happy the way you used to once upon a time.

his dark eyes met yours and you blinked slowly thinking of where to take this. you were staring at each other as you strategically thought of ways to take this conversation while we was trying his best not to let more tears fall.

"you'd be a fool not to kiss me." your words struck him deep and next thing you knew his lips met yours. it was like he was hungry and you were his next meal. the passion filled kiss caused your body to sink deeply into his. his lips softer than you remember and his fingers so delicately tangled themselves in your hair.

your lips rode each other, fueled by the longing sensation you both had felt these past three months. before you knew it, you were straddling the man. his hands gripped your back hard and desperately. you knew he wanted you, you just couldn't give him the satisfaction of having all of you again so soon.

a wet drop hit your face but this time they were not his tears, they were yours. he pulled out of the kiss and searched your eyes for pain.

but you weren't hurting anymore. you were happy. he had finally come to his senses and allowed himself to give in.

"baby, don't cry. please." he kept searching for the pain in your eyes but before he could find an answer you were already standing up and wiping my face clean.

"let's go lay down. i'm tired and we can figure this out in the morning." you pulled his body gently behind yours as you brought him to the bedroom.

he didn't say anything. not allowing his words to ruin the moment, which he has a tendency to do so.

you opened your door forgetting the small puppy on the other side. he darted out of the room and to the man standing behind me.

"i knew you missed, daddy." the man chuckled as he lifted the dog into his arms.

you giggled as you watched the two reunite. your heart was full again.

the puppy attacked the mans face with kisses, earning a happy pout from myself.

"let's go to sleep now." you giggled pulling the man into the bed.

"as a family." you added climbing next to the excited dog and the man.

"thank you." he sighed before wrapping his arms around your body.

you snuggled into his chest and the small dog cuddled between your small body and the mans larger one. you smiled and closed your eyes before kissing the mans neck like you used to before you went to sleep.

a night routine you had missed for the weeks you had been separated. you pulled the man closer and snuggled deeper into his body allowing his homey scent to kidnap you and sell you away to sleep.