three

༻✧༺

You woke up to your phone ringing. You caught glimpse of the tag "unknown" beaming across the top of the screen. there was no way a scam caller would be working at 2:37am so you answered.

"hello?" Your groggy voice boomed through the room causing your small puppy to walk to you from the other side of the bed.

there were no words. just sobs on the other side. sobs you knew all too well.

"y/n" he cried on the other end of the line.

You sighed before unplugging your phone from the thin white wire and sitting up right.

"do you need something?" You were annoyed at how childish the man on the other line was.

"come home, both of you. i've never missed anyone so much. please. come back. i'm so sorry. i didn't mean to treat you so bad. please come home." he sobbed causing you to roll your eyes at his possible facade.

"what do you need." Your voice was stern, obviously you didn't have time for sweet talk but this time it seemed different than his usual beg.

"i don't have time for the bullshit. its been three months and you just now call me. i've been waiting for you to get your shit together and right now you decide to call me. really?! at 2 in the morning? i'm exhausted, you think i haven't been waiting all this time for you to come sweep me off my feet again?! you need to calm down if you want me to even attempt to listen to you and don't give me another sorry ass excuse for your behavior. i've been waiting for you. " you were practically breathless at the end.

Your eyes welled with tears as the emotions you have held back for so long started to seep through your thin layer of strength that was wearing down more and more everyday. You closed your eyes as you panted and attempted to bring your breathing back to normal.

he sobbed on the other line, sensing your seriousness. he knew you werent fucking around, he also knew it wasnt some kind of joke that is funny the second time cracked. but you were willing to try again. not desperate for him, but willing to see if the man you once loved was back and back to stay.

You let him cry and cry until he was finally calm enough to speak and once he began talking you looked down at the small dog that was once both of yours laying in your lap and falling back asleep while your yelling had simmered down to nothing. memories flickered through your mind of the small dog, the man on the other line, and you spending time together.

"baby... please. i miss you." he cooed through the line and into your ear. his voice was familiar and poetic. not only did you miss him but that small glimmer of hope that it could work again flickered through your head.

Your anger disappeared and you allowed his words to pull you into a trans. after all this was the man you once fell in love with, the one you had given everything to, he was someone you thought you could always count on... well almost always.

"come over. i'll text you the address and we can talk it over." You spoke before ending the call giving him no time to speak again. You sighed into your hands and shook your head letting out a small chuckle of excitement to see him again.

not sure what the hell you were getting into you texted him the address and prepared for his arrival.