𝔓𝔯𝔢𝔡𝔞𝔱𝔬𝔯 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔓𝔯𝔢𝔶

Jimin

Skillfully, I stalk the lone bunny, waiting for him to become vulnerable. It does not take long. He looks down at some sort of magical rectangle in his hand and then I step in front of him, yelping when he runs into me.

"Ouch! I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

I blush looking up at him. He looks a lot softer up close, a lot friendlier than any mage I was with before. "U-Uh... it hurts." I pout, acting cute for him.

"I'm sorry. Here let me help you." He offers his hand to me.

Carefully, I take it. "Thank you." I look him over, deducing what type of mage he is right off the bat. "You're a warlock, right? What type of familiar are you looking for?" I stand, not letting go of his hand as I cock my head to the side.

He nods at me. "Yes, I'm a warlock. But, uhm can you let go of my hand?"

My eyes widen and I let go and hold my hands behind my back. "What are you looking for in a familiar? I am Park Jimin by the way, they/he. You can use both, but I prefer they/them."

"I'm Jeon Jungkook, he/him. I don't want a familiar that looks like a human, because it's too much of a hassle."

This makes me visibly deflate. "Well, that is too bad..." I look at the ground and then up at him. "Familiars that have human forms are highly coveted, you know."

"Is that so? But I also want a wolf familiar or some type of dog."

Shaking my head, I respond. "Just think about it. Familiars that have both an animal and human form are much more versatile. Not all situations are suitable for animals. But a human? Plus, the joy of opposable thumbs. There's a reason why only rich mages can afford contracts with such demons." I narrow my eyes. "You don't seem to know much about familiars. Schooling nowadays is really lacking." I put my hand on my hip. "And a canine familiar? Why? They smell and they're dirty. They're stupid, just like normal dogs." I scoff.

"Why are you so mad? Are you trying to convince me to contract you?" He crosses his arms.

"You wouldn't be able to handle or afford me anyway." I smirk. "You're just a warlock. Only sorcerers can contract S Rank demons." I pat his head. "Plus, you lack the necessary, what should I say, culture. Mages nowadays lack culture. The image for a familiar has always been a black cat. Cats are tied to royalty. You're young and inexperienced. You could never contract me." I look at my nails with disinterest.

He clenches his fist. "I will be a sorcerer someday. Don't belittle me."

I boredly sit criss-crossed, levitating in the air. "I have the right to say what I want." My eyes glow silver. "I am the equivalent of a sorcerer, which is why I've only worked with them. I'm over five hundred years old and more powerful than most sorcerers." I hum.

"Okay. Fine. Do whatever you want."

"Are you serious about becoming a sorcerer?"

"Yes. I am. I want to prove to them that I can. It's my dream after all."

"Well, I may be able to help." I stand back up.

He looks at me. "Will you really help me?"

"If you can afford me and respect our contract. I also request a certain level of freedom to see my friends and explore. I haven't been in the human world in quite a while, so I would like to see what's changed."

"Okay. I can afford you. Don't worry."

"Do you have space for me? A bedroom?" I hum.

He nods at me. "Yes. My house is not small."

I nod. "Then if you can convince them, I will help you. I have a lot of experience with powerful sorcerers. I can also do a lot more than even a Rank A demon can do, so you'll have more resources at your disposal."

"I can convince them. We can discuss this at my home. Are you okay coming with me today?"

"Yes." I smile, linking arms with him. "I think we'll get along well."

He slowly removes my hand from his arms. "Don't be too clingy, please."

I blink. "I'm sorry. I like skinship. I won't touch you again." Slowly, I put distance between us and contemplate if this is a good idea. My friends are close with their mages. I remember Jin telling me about being perched on his sorcerer's shoulder and how Taehyung and Yoongi will cuddle while they're in their human and animal forms.

My hands move up my arms and I hug myself.

If I get out of here, though, I can cuddle with them. I miss Tae... I miss Jin... I miss Yoongi...