𝔗𝔥𝔢 ℭ𝔬𝔩𝔡 𝔦𝔰 𝔅𝔞𝔠𝔨

Jimin

"Bam, I'm home!" I call as soon as I enter my house, the puppy sliding over on the hardwood floor.

I giggle. "Got a little too excited, didn'tcha? You gotta be careful when running, little pup. You might get hurt." I pet the Doberman and pick him up.

He rests his nose in the crook of my arm and relaxes as I walk around to see if the puppy had any accidents.

"What a good boy. You learn so fast." I kiss his head and give him some food.

Bam eats it happily and then licks all over me afterward.

"Thank you for the kisses." I giggle and shift into my cat form, playing chase with the puppy until he's too tired out.

I take Bam into my room and cuddle him in bed. The dog absolutely loves me because I found him, cold and hungry, while I was running away. It felt fitting to help the poor thing, considering we're both strays.

"You remind me so much of him. It's weird. I must really be obsessed." I pet Bam as he gets comfortable, curled up by my side. "You have the same doe eyes..."

My eyes sting and I don't bother holding back the incoming waterfall, knowing there's no use at this point. I cry everyday, my heart aching and yearning for someone who doesn't even see me as an actual living being.

"My precious kitten."

I toy with the pendant on my collar as I cry, wondering how I could have been so stupid. The plan was just to get contracted so I could see Jin, Yoongi, and Taehyung. I wasn't supposed to foolishly fall for my mage.

"Bam, don't worry, baby. I'll never get rid of you. I love you, pup."

He noses at me lovingly, and I can't help but feel my heart swell while looking at him. He's precious to me in so many ways. At this point, he's the only one I really talk to. He's the only one's love I can trust.

"Feel free to sleep, baby. I'm going to talk, but you don't have to respond. It just helps to let my thoughts out." I close my eyes. "I can't help but miss him, Bam. I can't help but miss the lies and deceit. It was nice, living in ignorance. I was happy. I thought that someone cared for me besides my three friends. I felt free to love someone. Loving Jungkook alone, even without getting anything in return, was magical. I felt alive. Now, I feel empty."

Sighing, I wipe my eyes. "I miss taking care of my baby. Taking care of you helps, Bam, but I can't help but worry if he's drinking, eating, sleeping in his bed. He gets easily absorbed by work. Who is going to make sure he's healthy now? He already went and got himself sick." I scoff.

"Yeah, Bam, that's right. I saw Jungkook today. Of course, I didn't look like this. But he watched me leave. I kind of wish he chased after me, but isn't that toxic to think? If I wanted him near, why go? My mind just doesn't make sense. You'd think in over five hundred years, I'd have it figured out by now."

I remember how it feels to hold him close and I wish I didn't, because now I feel colder than I did when I was in the demon realm.

Everything feels so cold.