𝔇𝔢𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫

Jungkook

I still feel sick, but I'm still going back to the library to see the mysterious woman.

I have a feeling that it's not her original form. I have a feeling that they're Jimin. My kitten.

So I decided to go early and make myself comfortable by sketching Jimin in my sketchbook.

I even asked the staff to lower the air conditioner a little bit because I'm freezing. My hand is trembling, but I need to look good.

I look at my watch and it's already 10 am, and Jieun arrives exactly on time.

She notices me and eventually comes over. "Hello, I'm sorry for rushing out yesterday. I had somewhere I had to get to."

I stop sketching as I look at her. "You can go back to your original form, Jimin."

Jieun cocks her head to the side. "Jimin?"

I cough. "Jimin, please... Let's talk."

There's fear and worry in her eyes. "I... how did you know?"

I sigh. "I had a feeling, and your scent. Even if you change your form. I know it's you."

They look away and hold themself. "Please don't send me back," Jimin whispers brokenly, still not in their normal form.

"I'm not going to send you back..." I say, weakly.

"Jungkook..." Jimin places a hand to my forehead and frowns. "Jungkook, you're so sick."

"I'm okay... This is nothing. I want us to talk... I want to explain everything... Jimin, it's a misunderstanding. But if you don't want to talk to me about it, then I won't force myself—"

My vision start to blur. I can't faint in front of him.

"Fuck, Jungkook." Jimin steadies me and I start to feel a little better. "You went and got yourself too sick for me to easily heal. I hate you." Jimin cries. "I hate you for making me worry."

I weakly chuckle as I wipe their tears. "At least I found you..."

Jimin closes their eyes. "I'm going to go talk to Mrs. Kim. We can talk at my place. You stay here, okay?"

I nod at them, and I put back my sketchbook in my bag as I wait for them.

They return quickly and look at me before sighing. "You're such a mess." Jimin fixes my hair up and every time they touch me, I feel better. Jimin grabs my hand and teleports us into a living room.

The sound of scratching surprises me and soon enough, a small puppy bounds their way toward Jimin. The familiar smiles, changing into their usual form before picking up the puppy.

"Hey, Bam, I'm home early."

"He's cute." I say.

"Ah, yes, a dog. What you would've preferred over me." Jimin's tone is hurt, but they still hold the animal just as lovingly. "He's very cute. A stray, like me."

My heart shatters into pieces. "Th-That was before... You're not a stray... I never threw you away..."

Jimin bites their lip before setting the puppy in my lap. "Don't cry. Even if you hurt me, I don't want to see you hurting."

I look away, trying to hold back my tears as I remember crying ever since they left. "I always do. Ever since you left that day... I'm guessing you heard everything?"

They nod, tears sliding down their face. "Y-You said I was nothing, c-called me an 'it,' and said you were gonna... gonna b-break the contract."

I look at them, and I can't hold back my tears anymore. "I didn't mean anything I said that... that day. I only said that to calm my mother... My mother hates me for doing and exploring magic... I know you won't believe me even if I say it. Y-You can always check my memories..."