chapter 11 : sketchy secrets?

"what are you doing, Y/n. You know, it's disrespectful to go through other people's house with out permission.."

__________

1st person\y/ns pov~

Laying on the couch, I listen to the sounds of a frying pan sizzle.
May was cooking my favorite meal. She asked me what I wanted, but I'm sure she already knew my answer.
Standing up and rubbing my eyes, I look at the space around me. The living room was nice, a fake grey leather couch, off white walls with paintings spread throughout it all, a stand beside the grey furniture with a small lamp.
Lastly, a TV sitting on an wooden TV stand.

After the activity we enjoyed this morning, we decided on breakfast.
Well, maybe more of a late brunch.

As I stood up, May looks over her shoulder, making contact with my now standing figure.

"Love, do you need something?"
She asks, turning fully around, holding a small container of spice.
Her face softly holding a smile, she seemed so calm.
"I need the bathroom." I murmer, walking in a direction I assume I'll find it.
The walls were covered in shattered photos. Most of them almost too broken to actually look at and observe.
Opening random doors, I sadly don't find the bathroom. With one last attempt, I open a door and stumble into another bedroom. It had many posters of naked women, bands; such as Korn, Slipknot and Nirvana, along with a couple others that seemed to not be well known. (Totally not my room)
Walking farther into the room, a stench hits me square in the face. One powerful enough to knock a person out. It smelt like old milk that had been mixed with older rotten eggs. Or maybe it was just the stench of sweat that had built up over time.

Looking around more, there's moldy cups scattered and dirty clothes.
Men's underwear, along with some women's thongs were scattered close by shirts and jeans.
'who lives in this room?' I ask myself, pulling my shirt over my mouth and nose.

There were also some backpacks, clothing seemingly dripping out of it, some clean and some dirty.
Could this have been a vacation house? It seems too awfully clean to be a full time living space.

Walking over a nightstand next to a messy bed, sheets falling onto the floor along with some blankets. I see a small frame holding a picture.
It was a family.
Must be Mays family.
A father figure standing far of to the left, his arm wrapped around a mother figure. The father in a plant T and fresh jeans. The mother, in a white and yellow loose dress.
Next to the mother, was a teenage boy. His hair black and a sour look on his face, though a smug grin tugging at his lips. He had been wearing a blue and black button up, and a pair of very baggy ripped jeans.
This must be Mays family. No doubt, the mother looks similar to her, long brown hair and crystal blue eyes.

Looking closer, there was a small figure in the very back of the photo.
A girl, her long brown hair flowing as she sheepishly looked at the camera from behind all the others. At closer notice, she had a black eye.

"Is this younger May? Why's she all bruised?" I whisper to myself, sighing before slowly turning around only to be met by a familiar face.
A pissed off one to be exact.
"What are you doing, Y/n?" She asks, her voice threatening. "You know, it's disrespectful to go through other people's house without permission.." she adds on, grabbing my wrist and leading me out of the room.
She pulls me back into her room, throwing me inside and locking the door behind herself after stepping inside.
"If you can't keep to yourself, then I will just have to teach you a lesson." She grumbles, grabbing my wrist again, using her free hand to plant a hard slap to my cheek.

Yelping slightly, I look up at her. Little tears threatening to leave my eyes.
In a split second, my fight or flight response kicked in.
"Don't touch me freak!" I yell in her face, quickly scanning the room and sprinting towards the door by her desk. The one that seemed almost threatening, the one that looked like it held many secrets.

Swinging it open, I'm hit with another smell. Though this time it was appealing. Almost like a cherry pie, one fresh from the oven. Not a nasty ass one.

Running in, I quickly slam it behind me. Panting as May bangs on the door violently, locking it and pressing my weight on it.

"GET OUT OF THERE NOW!" She yelled, her fists slamming the door non stop.
Quickly scanning the new room, my mouth gapes open.
Oh shit.
Throughout the walls of the small room, we're various photos of me. Photos of me sleeping, showering, working, changing.. and more.
Around the photos were a few fancy candles. Along with some items that had gone missing long ago.

"GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THERE!" May screams, ripping me from my thoughts.
Holy shit, I need to get out of here. She has blinded me with kindness and I just about fell for it.

Looking around the room again, I see a small window close to the ceiling. Though wasn't a clear one, (it had been painted over with white paint).
Walking over to it, I put my arms up, just barely reaching the lock of the window.
Unlocking it, I slide the small glass fully open.
Taking a deep breathe, I grab the window itself and pull myself up, slowly putting my body through it, careful to not hurt myself.

Soon, I got my upper body through the opening.
Smelling the fresh air, hearing the birds chirp their toons.

This was it! I was going to get away from this bitch. I was going to be free, I would run to a police station, see my friends again..

Smiling, I feel hands grab my calf. Ripping my body out of the windows opening and to the ground.
Falling down, I see Mays face for a split second. it was red with anger, and sadly, it was the last thing I had seen before my head hit the ground and my vision went blank, along with my mind.

"Bad girl. I'll later have to punish you severely."

Today was not the day I was going to escape. Fuck.

1101 words

This chapter is edited
This chapter is rewritten