chapter 14 : Brandon, and freedom?

As her feet hit the ground in an uncoordinated tune, the rain joins in, making it way out of tune.
Slowing down, the girl puts her hands on her knees, catching her breath.
She had been running for what seemed like hours, but truly it was only about half an hour.
Her eyes were incredibly droopy, dark bags under her eyes.
Continuing to walk, she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Her body shivers in the moist cold night. Her body weak from all the stress of being kidnapped. But is it somewhat her fault? You can say so. Was the way she was kidnapped more manipulating than an average kidnap situation? Yes.
She blames herself for this, only if she stayed home that one day, then just maybe she could be at home right now, taking a warm bath with candles and bubbles, her cat on the side of the tub purring.

Could this perhaps be a dream?

Thump!

Falling onto the ground, her body jolts from being startled.
"Oh I'm sorry!" A booming males voice speaks, looking at him, he was in a cops uniform. His name tag spelling Brandon.

As they both get a good look at each other, they both feel a great wave of relief.

"L/n"
"A Cop!"
They both yell at the same time.

Quickly standing up, y/n flings herself into the polices arms, her eyes streaming with tears.
The male taking her into a great hug, one very well needed for Y/n.

On the other hand, Brandon was absolutely astonished. Where did y/n come from?
They needed to get back to the station before anything else happened to her.

~

As she sat in the lobby of the police station, a on site nurse hands the girl a blanket.
"Poor kid." She says to her colleague.
Y/n quickly wraps herself in the given blanket, her goosebump covered body becoming warmer within minutes. Many people surrounded the blanket covered girl, ranging from firefighters to news reporters taking on the story.
Through all the loud talking, through all the whispers, trough all the questions, only one thing was on her mind.

Where is May?

After being questioned, Y/n was instructed to stay in a hotel out of town to avoid any contact with her kidnapper. May was found hiding in the forest, she had supposedly built a fort and was planning the killing of herself and Y/n.
She was quickly declared insane at her court hearing, and was animated to an asylum.
Y/n resumed her school life, though suffering from horrible PTSD. She soon graduated and earned her highschool diploma. With no plans to go to college, she went into the food industry and became a waitress.

Healing from her journey, she had only one more thing to do before she could fully heal. She needed to visit her obsessor and ask why.
Why was I the target? Why me? Why this way?

With a court visitation allowance, y/n was granted with a visit.

Edited.
512 words.