CHAPTER 396: Bring them with you

After Ji Chu Hua left the Ji Mansion in failure, Yue Ling and Inu spent their morning inside the warm and cozy Ji Mansion. Ting didn’t stay and left to go back and prepare to train with the soldiers.

Yue Ling had wanted to eat breakfast with her yeye and younger brother, but the old man did not come back. So, she and Ji Jingxu had no choice but to eat breakfast without him.

Seated at the dining table, Yue Ling sat on one end and Ji Jingxu sat on the chair next to her.

"Jie, you were awesome! I wish I had a camera and recorded Ji Chu Hua’s disoriented face. Hahah, the world can finally see how ugly she is!"

The young man is beaming in pure joy as he spoke and eats his food. He is truly happy because he gets to spend time with her without the old man.

Remembering something, Ji Jingxu turn his head to the white fluff ball at the corner of the room. Inu who arrived with the appearance of a noble and elegant king is currently having his way with his food. He’s eating out of his food bowl as if he hasn’t eaten in days, even crumbs can be seen flying out.

Ji Jingxu furrow his brows and takes a bite of his food. Thinking back to Inu’s movements, his frown deepens.

"Is Inu really a house pet? The way he attacked those three bodyguards was as if he was ninja!"

Yue Ling sees the expression on his face and she lightly shook her head. Without saying anything, she continues to eat her breakfast.

Inu is in fact a house pet. Well, more like an undercover house pet.

Halfway into his food, Ji Jingxu stops talking and lightly press his lip together. He steals a glance at his older sister and debate if he should tell her.

Since she is the old man’s real grandchild, she has the rights to know that he is sick...

He put the spoon in his hand down and looks at her with a serious expression.

"Jie...."

However, he stops himself. The words he wants so badly to say does not come out. He swallows down the saliva in his mouth and sigh.

Yue Ling looks at him and furrow her brows. Setting down the spoon, she leans back on the chair.

"What is it?"

Ji Jingxu stare at his sister and his heart tighten in pain. His mouth open and close, but in the end, he closes his eyes and shook his head.

"It’s nothing. I just wanted to know how long you will staying here..."

Hearing his words, Yue Ling doesn’t find him suspicious and she lightly tap his head. Reaching for her spoon, she continues to eat.

"I’ll be leaving in the evening."

"I see. That’s good then."

Ji Jingxu spoke with a smile, but when his sister did not look at him anymore, the smile slowly fades.

He lowers his head and stare at the food in front of him.

He really wants to tell her about the old man’s condition, but he respects the old man. If she were to hear about it from anyone, it should be from him.

Pushing the thought away, he holds his spoon and continue to eat.

As the sun fully rises into the blue sky, their breakfast comes to an end.

"Jie, I’m going to go train with the soldiers, do you want to come watch?"

Ji Jingxu asks as he stood up from the chair. His eyes beam with happiness as he thought about showing his sister what he learned.