CHAPTER 344: Ruthless

The spotlight disappears as Lu Tian joins Wu Jing on the stage. Unlike the energetic man next to him, Lu Tian’s expression remained cold and indifferent with no ounce of emotion. Not even a tiny smile can be seen on his face.

Of course, despite the man’s demeanor, Wu Jing did not mind. He turn to look at the audience and smiles cheerfully.

"Did tonight’s honorable guest surprise you all?"

Saying this, he takes a deep breath and looks at Lu Tian.

"Mr. Lu, Beauty is truly thankful for your acceptance in joining us tonight. Though, I am sure our guests and viewers are very curious to know, what made you decide to join this year’s annual Fall Fashion Show?"

The audience remained quiet with eyes staring at the business king. Each person could not wait to hear his response.

After all, one should know that, although Lu Tian is a distinguish figure in Imperial, the man rarely shows himself at events, let alone a small fashion show like this. Even in the past, he never once attended a fashion show.

After a long minute had gone by, the guest could only sigh inside. They should have expected that he will not answer the question.

However, just when they though this, Lu Tian’s closed lip parts and his deep voice sounds.

"I’m here to support someone important to me."

"..."

Hearing this unexpected response from the infamous cold man, not only the young but the older audience erupt into a commotion again.

"Lu Tian said he is here to support someone important to him? Who can it be?"

"Could it be An Qing’s opening model, Ning Mei? I heard there’s a rumor that Ning Mei is engaged to Lu Tian."

"Ning Mei’s first appearance on the runway and Lu Tian’s sudden appearance, is this really a coincidence or are they really a pair?"

"If it’s true, I don’t know what to think. I don’t want Lu Tian to be paired with Ning Mei. She’s pretty but she is not his match."

Although, Lu Tian’s sudden response stirred the crowd, Grandfather Ji rolled his eyes.

Someone important? Hmmf. Why not announce to the world that you already proposed?

If it was him up there, he would brag about it to the entire world and make sure all the media here release the news!

On the stage, Wu Jing stares at the tall and aloof man. His head shook and he sighs inside. Lu Tian did answer his question, but it gave no room to ask more.

A soft chuckle escapes his lip and he stares back to the stirring crowd.

"Alright! Mr. Lu has given us his honest answer. Now, let us all welcome our first designer, An Qing’s Chen Limei."

Quickly changing the subject, he diverts the attention to the appearance of Chen Limei.

The moment Wu Jing poke his words, Chen Limei steps onto the stage in the same blue dress she arrived in. She was in full smiles as she had cast the incident with Ming Yue aside. It was as if nothing had happened in the back.

She calmly walks over to the front of the stage with one hand waving to greet the guests. Seeing both good looking men, she decides to stand between them.

"Wow, Miss Chen, you are as lovely as ever. I pity all the young men that were rejected by you."

Wu Jing flirtatiously praise the woman with a smile. He found Chen Limei to be a very beautiful and successful woman, but her inner hear was too black for him. If he had not known the real her, he would have been one of the many suitors who fancied the woman.