CHAPTER 384: Mister General

Observing eyes stares at the gift bag in Grandfather Ji’s hand. Seeing how the old man is taking his sweet time reaching inside, some guests couldn’t help but want to go over and help the old man.

Even Old Lu and Madam Lu stare in enthusiasm as they were curious to know what their youngest son had bought.

Old Lu had told his son not to forget and the boy promised that his gift would not be disappointing.

Grandfather Ji’s hand that reached into the bag finally returns to the surface.

In his had was a dark material that slightly glisten under the lights inside the ballroom.

"Eh? What is that? It’s such an odd item."

"That... That’s a jacket! A leather jacket!"

A young fashion enthusiast gasps when he saw the gift in Grandfather Ji’s hand. Though he is quite far in the back, he knows fashion when he sees it. As a matter of fact, he has one almost similar to it!

Hearing the young man’s sudden words, everyone’s enthusiasm towards the gift was quickly crushed into pieces like a broken vase.

Old Lu and Madam Lu had gifted Springtime Memories, while Lu Tian gifted Five Drunken Generals.

Both gifts were highly valuable artifacts as each one were the only to exist in the world.

However, never would anyone anticipated that the second young master of the Lu family would present the old man a gift like this.

While everyone ponder in their own thoughts and whispers, Grandfather Ji stares at the leather jacket. Holding it in one hand his other hand holding the bag slowly loosen its grip.

*Thud—

The bag falls onto the ground as his face slowly turns red and everyone’s attention return to the old man.

"Oh my God. General Ji’s face turned red. Is he angry to receive a gift like this?"

"If someone gave me a useless gift like this, I would be disappointed too."

"Such a shame. Madam Lu, Old Lu and Lu Tian gave such remarkable gifts. Lu Han’s gift is quite disappointing."

Hearing the whispers, Grandfather Ji shoots glare at the crowd. Though he did not spoke a word, his facial expression was enough to warn them.

Of course, everyone quickly zipped their mouths. The old man had already given a warning when Ji Chu Hua left. No one here wants to be a second example.

Seeing that everyone had quiet down, Grandfather Ji looks back at the leather jacket.

It was a style more suited for younger men, but he sighs inside as a faint smile curl on his lip and looks at Lu Han.

"You picked this for me?"

Standing in place without a care about what anyone has to say, Lu Han held both his hands behind his back.

When he heard Grandfather Ji’s question, he smiles widely with upside down crescent eyes and nod his head.

"Mm, I did. Do you like it?"

Grandfather Ji stares at Lu Han as the smile on his face disappears. Thinking of something, he looks back at the leather jacket and an even wider smile curls on his lip.

Before anyone could react, a heartily chuckle sounds from his mouth.

"You chose a great gift for me, boy."

At those words, everyone’s jaw dropped to the floor. They had thought the old man was disappointed or angry, however, it was neither.

He was actually happy with the gift!