CHAPTER 357: her belongings

The afternoon sky turned red as the sun slowly began to set in the far horizon. Inside the study room of Lu Tian and Yue Ling’s new house, both individuals stood in silence. At the open doorway, Inu laid down as he stares at the two peasants with a face full of curiosity.

After their lunch, the small family had spent the remaining afternoon outside. A while later, Lu Tian said he had a surprise for his wife, so they came inside.

Now in the study room, Yue Ling stares down at the ’surprise’ in front of her and she didn’t know what to feel at this moment.

Lu Tian’s surprise was her luggage and handbag!

The two items she had ’lost’ when she first arrived in Imperial. To which, both things were in Lu Tian’s hands. Of course, she was supposed to retrieve them when she went to Lu Corps for the first time, but things got... a little out of control.

Turning to look at the man standing next to her, Yue Ling couldn’t help but chuckle.

"This is the surprise?"

"Mm."

Lu Tian nod his head with a short answer. However, his expression was like a puppy waiting to be praised for doing a good job.

Staring at him, she pout her lip for a quick second and said thank you. Doing so, she lowers to sit on the floor. At the same time, Lu Tian did the same thing too.

He would be lying if he wasn’t curious about what was inside.

From the moment he brought her belongings from the airport, he kept hearing a jingling sound inside. He had contemplated whether to open it or not, but he never did. He was never one to go through someone else’s things without approval.

Although most people would find it odd to have someone see what they have, but Yue Ling did mind at all. She has nothing to hide from Lu Tian.

Reaching for the zipper, she slowly unzips the suitcase.

From the side, Lu Tian looked like a noisy child who wanted to see everything his sibling had. While from the doorway, Inu also poke his head out to see what was inside his mother’s luggage.

Fully unzipping the luggage, Yue Ling opens it with a wide grin. She reaches down and her hands gently caress over the things inside. Her movement looked like someone who was afraid of touching an ancient item too much in fear that it might turn into dust.

However, unlike her, Lu Tian and Inu were stupefied. Both individuals at this moment looked like two children who had opened the worst gift during Christmas morning.

They had thought something extraordinary was inside, but it was only a bunch of keys.

Although, these keys weren’t just thrown inside the suitcase, they were actually hung in an organized order.

Oblivious to the man and Samoyed’s feelings, Yue Ling carefully picks up a set of keys with slightly trembling hands and rubs it against her cheek. Feeling the coldness of they key on her cheek, she sighs in satisfaction. It was as if she was holding onto the world’s most valuable treasure.

"My babies are safe and sound."

Lu Tian: "..."

Inu: "..."

Glancing down to see another set of keys, she picks it up with her still trembling hands and place it next to her other cheek. Her eyes slowly close and she turned into a mother who had finally been reunited with her long-lost child after decades of separation.

"My beautiful babies! How mommy misses you all so much."

Lu Tian stares at his wife with a complex expression. Unable to comprehend with her thoughts, he purse his lip and turn to look at the Samoyed.