CHAPTER 301: up to her place

As the heavy rain continue to pour over City Z, Lu Tian stood outside on the balcony connected to his private house. His arm rested on the glass rail as he stares out to City Z.

Every so often, his hand would raise as he brings the cigarette to his lip.

He reaches into his coat pocket and takes his phone out. Dialing a number, be brings the phone to his ear.

The call only rang once before it is connected, and Xu Long’s voice sounds from the other line.

["Boss!"]

"Speak."

["Um... Boss, I did as you had ordered. I followed the lady boss, but... Well, you see, it’s like this, she entered Ji Mansion."]

Lu Tian furrow his brows as he listens. Why would his wife go to the Ji Mansion?

From the other line, Xu Long takes the silence as que to continue his report.

["I tried to enter after, but the guard watching the gate wouldn’t permit. As a result, I could only wait outside. However, the lady boss had already left and is on her way back to Jade Condos."]

Lu Tian listened to the end, but he does not say a word.

After what felt like a long minute had pass, he only makes a mm sound and ends the call.

His hand holding the phone lowers and he stares at the picture on the screen.

It was a picture he had secretly took of his wife sleeping. She looked so peaceful that he couldn’t help but capture it.

Staring at his wife’s beautiful sleeping face, he starts miss her.

However, he locks the phone and put it away.

Taking a puff of the cigarette, he stares back to City Z’s view and ponder in thoughts about Xu Long’s report.

Ji Mansion is not a place anyone can easily enter as they please. The place is tightly secured with soldiers and highly trained guards. So...

Just as he thought this, a soft chuckle escapes his lip as he realizes something.

That’s right, how could he have forgotten.

His wife is the leader of Fate. Her grandfather was the man who he once trained with when he was young at the Ji Mansion. She must have gone to visit General Ji out of respect for her deceased grandfather.

Lu Tian ends his thoughts and decides to not push it further. He kills the cigarette in his hand and without giving City Z another glance, he walks back inside.

As the rain continue to pour over City Z, the grey sky over Imperial has yet to shed its tears.

Yue Ling and Inu enters the lobby to Jade Condos.

"Miss Han, how is your afternoon?"

From behind the front desk, Manager Luo calls out as he walks to the human and beast. He held his hand behind his back and smiles.

Seeing him, Yue Ling stops and turn to face him. She smiles with a nod.

"Uncle Luo, my afternoon was great. Inu and I just returned from our little outing."

"Ah, I see. That’s good."

Manager Luo maintained his smile and nod his head. He looks at the young woman and then the Samoyed. Knowing that Yue Ling must be tired from her day, he excuses himself.

Yue Ling bid the old man goodbye and walks in the direction of the elevator with Inu.

Once they entered and the elevator doors closed, Manager Luo takes his phone out and dials a number.