CHAPTER 391: kids these days

After a tearful conversation of catching up with life, Madam Lu and Yue Ling left the garden room to join everyone else in the living room.

As the two women enter the room, Lu Tian and Grandfather Ji were already done with their conversation as well.

Grandfather Ji and Old Lu were discussing about something as both men sat on the sofa, while Lu Tian stood near the window with Zhuang Xie Li.

From the corners of Lu Tian’s eyes, he sees his wife walking into the room with his mother. He turn to look at her then to Zhuang Xie Li.

"Excuse me for a moment."

Saying this, he strides towards his wife. However, when he saw her red and puffy eyes like she had cried for days, his eyes darken intensely.

He glance murderously at his mother as his cold voice spoke.

"What did you do?"

"..."

Madam Lu stares in disbelief at her oldest son. She looks at Yue Ling then back to Lu Tian.

She knows why her son is angry, but what about her?

The way she looks right now is not so different from Yue Ling!

"Tian, you shouldn’t speak to your mother like that?"

Yue Ling frowns at Lu Tian. She could not believe that he dares to talk to his mother this way.

Taking a step to the right, she slightly blocks Madam Lu like shielding the woman from a monster.

"She didn’t do anything wrong."

Being protected by Yue Ling, Madam Lu’s eyes turned moist as her entire being softens.

She is very touched to know that Yue Ling would not hesitate to defend her. Even if the other person was Lu Tian.

She sighs at the thought of having such a wonderful daughter-in-law, then glares at her son.

"You think I will be mean to my daughter-in-law? Hah! The only ones I will be mean to is you and Han!"

"..."

Lu Han who was currently sitting on the ground with Ji Jingxu and Zhuang Li was happily playing a card game. However, when he heard his mother, he felt a bitter taste in his mouth.

He looks at Yue Ling then to the two boys.

Seeing them look at him with pity, he sighs inside and lower his hand holding the cards.

Bringing his other hand up, he covers his eyes and sob.

"Children let me tell you. Be grateful you do not have a mother like mine."

He inhales a sniffle and wails louder with no tears.

"I am this old and my mother still beat me like I am an empty can in the street for her to kick."

"..."

Ji Jingxu and Zhuang Li stares at Lu Han speechlessly. Both individual glance at one another then back to the man crying without tears.

Feeling sympathy for the grown man, Zhuang Li stretch an arm to pat Lu Han on the back. His head nods and he heaves a sigh like he was older than the man.

"Mm, mm. I will be grateful that my father does not hit me."

Lu Han quickly pause in his act and looks at Zhuang Li, then Ji Jingxu. Seeing how they are so much luckier than him, he felt even worse.

He lowers his head again and sob like a person who had gone through so much hardship.

"Wuu... Why are kids these days are so lucky! Wuu..."