Chapter 6

Y/N's POV

I put my alarm on snooze when I roll over to get changed.
Lunches and everything was arranged until we head off. As we got there, I noticed as girls were crowding 'Adam'. Shocker

I didn't stop to stay with him since I'm not like the others who just mob him like he's a prize possession. A random girl then came behind me to turn my body facing Tae. 

"He's cute, right?" She grinned at me.

"Uhh.. I guess" I said unassurely. The girl than lightly shook me by the shoulders. 

"I know. He looks just like Taehyung." 

So she also happened to know who he was. She's also one of the lot who admire him so much. I silently gulped with a hard swallow. I got myself freed from the situation and left to my class. 

When I approached my seat and sat down, my ears could hear voices from a distance behind me of boys teasing me with a few names.

"Look.. it's Ms Loner" I heard one call. "The little loner loser..." another one murmured. 

I handled it like it was expected. It only happened few times each weeks. But the more they upgraded the insults, the more painful my throat hurt when you feel like crying. I tried gulping, but it hurt.

"Oi! Shut up with the picky insults. I suppose those names suit your title because of how single you guys are!" 

A girl's voice imerged out of nowhere. My head was lowered down with hair covering my face, so I couldn't tell which direction the voice came from. I could tell those boys possibly backed down since the room was so loud when it was silent. 

"Hey. You okay down there?" I felt a tap on my shoulder as the girl knelt down to see my covered face. I swiftly pulled back my hair and looked as she stared at me with concern on her expression. 

"Oh- Yeah, I'm fine." I chuckled in discomposure. I wasn't fully expecting someone to abruptly stand up for me to some class clowns at the back of the classroom.

"Well, I'm glad you're okay. I don't want you taking those 'single-as-hell' jerks comments too personal, otherwise you'll gain a certain reputation. A bad reputation."

She looked at me with a funny face. I could help but to eject a small laugh at her remarks. My mind also jumped to a thought of her familiarity. 

I believe she's the same girl that almost pounced on me for Taehyung's popularity. I just thought she was a good person other than a fan girl for him. 

She then jumped back into her seat and signalled me a 'thumbs up' for her comeback; I pulled a 'happy thumbs' up too.

When class finished, I caught a view if a flyer pinned to the 'weekly school news' pinboard. 

Art Competition!!

Due date: August 21st
Winner announcing date: September 2nd

Draw your heart out with your passion and creativity! 
You can do realism, digital, manga, or any form of sketching.

-

My head tilted with my appeal to the flyer and read deeply in the small paragraph of information. I was zoned in the paper until my head rapidly turned within a split second of hearing.. "Y/n, everything alright?"  

Tae's voice came beside me. I stumbled a bit quick surprise. 

"Oh- Yeah. I'm just looking at the flyers on this pinboard, why are you here?" I asked him, dazed.

"Just wanted to come up to see you"

"Huh..?"

"We have the next period together."

I almost forgot about that until he stated it. I smiled embarrassed. He went ahead as I was paused in the moment and quickly ran beside him to go to the lesson. I walked in the room a few seconds after him to look more casual as full attention was on him. 

I acted normal as I would. I then informed myself to stay cool if people picked on me in front of Tae. Even if I'm in the seat behind him, he probably won't give in to what might happen. He's too focused in his classwork. 

The same girl I recognise sat next to me and point to Tae with a big grin. 

"That boy is the hots of this school..!" She whispered, to which I almost didn't realize she was talking to me. I nodded like I agreed with her.

As the teacher was facing close to the board with written chalk, I felt the lightest sensation on my shoulder. As if a bit of something aimed to shoot at me and only me. 

I ignored it. Not only to expect more of them firing on the same location on my shoulder. 

One in particular hit the back of my head which then brought in majority of the class' mocking my none-participation in doing anything. I just didn't wanna make a scene to catch Tae's attention, but I knew it already did.

"Jayden, stop that!" That teacher exclaimed until after a few seconds she turned back to her duty. It still didn't stop, and people's laughter were caving in around me. 

I don't like the teachers, because they do precisely nothing to help.

My fearful staring at the bullies just didn't make them seem to care. It was then I felt the floor vividly shake when Tae stood from his seat and his chair rattled back. 

"Stop doing that!" I heard him shout, narrowing his eyebrows.

"Or.. what?"

"It might be the biggest regret of your life if it happens to continue" He stated at the bullies. The class, along with the teacher, got quiet. A few people were making noises as if he got quite the roast from him.

"Y/n did nothing wrong, so just leave her."

My eyes kept switching in each direction as I was confused. The teacher encouraged him to sit back in his seat and ignore what the bullies were doing. It was perplexing. 

"Oh my god.. he just stood up to you. How amazing is that?" The girl beside me called out to me in a soft tone.

When that period ended, the girl rushed up to my side.

"Aren't you flattered?" She smiled to me. 

"He just stood up to you in front of the whole class. How exciting doesn't that make you feel?" She, again, went off about him and his big actions. I flung my hand at her in embarrassment but chuckled at myself.

"It's not a big deal, he's just nice." 

She then greeted herself as Monica. Her arm was wrapped around my shoulder and felt more comforted by her since I haven't had anyone do that to me in a 'friend' like way.

-

I hung out with her and started blurting about my passion for drawing. I agreed with me. I realized to myself that I might as well be avoiding interaction with Tae in these moments, because I don't wanna be seen to 'attached' to him and he's popular for his idol appearance.

I found Tae's locker still half opened when it was bombarded with hand written letters. Seemingly appeared to be love letters. Who would've guessed. Me and Monica looked at each other. It was then I felt someone running behind me; being Tae, of course.

"Hey, Y/n. Are you coming to rooftop?" He asked me, seemingly out of breath. 

"Oh- I'm helping a teacher later, so, sorry."

He excused my answer and ran off to class.
Monica turned my shoulder with wide eyes. 

"Does he know you?"

"No. He just knows my name since last class."

"Man, he seems to kind for our hearts" She pouted with exaggeration. 

I lightly smacked her shoulder as I giggled at her.
My mind was hasty to come up with an excuse to appear that he doesn't know me. We may far well know how that might turn out for a lot of girls.

But yet, I felt kinda bad for lying...