Chapter 8

Y/N's POV

I passed through the hallway to the bathroom. The first step I took inside, an attractive looking girl was fining her lip gloss. I half rolled my eyes 'til she caught her gaze at me. I could see her eyes go up and down at my figure. 

"Oh, so you must be that girl I've heard quite the talk about" She lowered her hands on my shoulders then walked around. 

"Huh?"

"You walk with that cute boy who looks to be a Kpop idol everyone knows" She snarled at me with her arms crossed. 

"I gotta confess that your 'friend' is the charm of this school. And what's about to happen?" It sounded like she was asking me a quiz question.

She leaned toward my ear. "He and I will be closer than you can imagine..".

I was thinking that she was semi-threating me; like if I came close to him, she would do her worst on me. 

That girl is Diana. I was stiff as a board when I stood still and looked down. 

My shyness had overcome. If the fact spread about him living in my room, she would probably kill me.

When it came to the end of the day, I was hesitant to walk with him, but I didn't wanna appear too suspicious if he did catch my actions.

-

Time of dinner came, so me and Adam sat down at the dinning table with my parents. It felt awkward, probably for me. I never really talked through out the whole meal.

"So, tell us your name" My mom proposed.

"Oh yeah- I'm Adam.. Adam..." He slowed down at the last part. I cut myself in to finish his sentence.

"-Hyung. His name's Adam Hyung". It felt a little strange to have Hyung as his surname since it means brother in Korean.

My mother continued to talk to Adam. 

"Tell us about yourself, Adam. How did you meet Y/n?" she asked. I almost felt embarrassed as we slightly turned to each other. 

"We actually met as class partners. We had to work on some mini project and we were put together as a group.. just us two." He smiled at them. I'm glad he pulled that off.

"Tell us where you're from. I'm just quite curious with guests, you know" she laughed.

"I.. I'm from Korea. But I also am fluent in english."

"You do look like someone familiar I feel that y/n has told me about" She rested her head on her head while looking at Adam with deep eyes.

"You speak fluent korean, correct?"

"Uh, Yes"

"Then it would be quite helpful if you tutored y/n since she's slacking on lessons. It would be good help for her, but you don't have to".

Adam looked at me again.

Way to go, Mom. You just recommended him to teach me korean. The awkward silence started overfilling me. But Adam quickly dismissed the silence. 

"It's okay. I'd love to tutor her".

"Then it's settled!" She clapped. I lightly shook my head as I gazed at my food being half eaten. She also asked the question I knew she would ask.

"How long do you think you'll be staying with us?"

I widened my eyes. I forgot about that thought on how long he'll be here for. I tried my best not to look at him. 

"Oh.. I actually don't know" he muttered.

"Well, you can stay with us for however long you need to. We do love it when guests feel like they're at home when they stay here" She giggled before taking a sip of her wine in a glass. So classy of her.

Once we got back in the room, my head began thinking of a solution. Adam couldn't stay here forever. As much as I don't want him to go, I still don't want my parents having the biggest suspicion on me.

I then looked at him. "So, are you actually gonna tutor me?" He was silent for a couple seconds. But then he smiled at me. "Of course. If you really wanna learn, I can teach you."

"Thanks." I chuckled before he collided into me, forming a light hug. 

Taehyung/Adam's POV

I hugged y/n quite tightly. I'm honored to help her as a friend. She then gently pushed me aback. We both giggled at the end 'til she asked me. 

"So, where do we start?"

I crouched down to her level as I gazed into her eyes. "We can do it now." I smirked at her shy expression. 

She may of felt a fraction uncomfortable when I stared at her and crouched down quite close. She then pulled out a notebook and her laptop. 

I was told that she didn't have a textbook, so she mainly got lessons from online. My studied mind remembers what to teach her, so I mostly showed the basics of handwriting which she mostly knew already. 

Her smile was quick to form as I noticed it from the corner of my eye. But after, she seemed a bit unsure.

When we were about half way down to the school, I noticed y/n suddenly had a brief change in emotion. 

"You okay?" I asked her politely. 

"Uh- Yeah. I'm okay" She smiled widely at me, showing that she's 'okay'.

-

My first class was geography, and the countless amount of times I've had pitchy girls walk up to my desk and nervously hand me a letter. I was confused but sorta getting used to it. 

Being considered the 'popular' boy didn't really ring to me at all. It's not something I'd give as a title. 

I tried quite hard to ignore it, but it just kept coming. As girls hord me at my table or at lunch which forces me to loose connect with y/n. She appeared to be ignoring it likes it's casual, but I didn't wanna be stopped because of that.

I ran over to Monica when I was close to ramming into her. 
"A-Adam oppa.. uh-" She stammered when I interrupted.

"Where's y/n?" I asked her concerningly and out of breath.

"Y-Y/n? Why are you after her?"

"I wanna talk to her for a quick reason."

My senses came to mind as I knew what location she would've headed. I scurried down the corrider, leaving Monica without speaking to her. When I hastily turned my head back, she looked quite tense and obnoxiously upset until she looked away.

I couldn't quite detect where she must've gone to. My head was quick to curve around the corner of the halls as I spot, what looks to be y/n, getting picked on by a group of four girls. They left before I jogged over to y/n.

"Are you okay, y/n?" 

I gripped on the sides of her shoulders with a worried expression. She also looked very dull in emotion. I helped her up. Her hair looked ruffled up. She didn't have her hair like that this morning. 

I knew that those girls were teasing her harshly. She sort of didn't make much eye contact as I attempted looking at her face; her hair covered most of it. 

It appears to be that her introversion filled her state of mind again like she is in school, but not at home. I felt sorry for her. I was told by a few people that she had been quite the 'picker' of targeted teasing. I don't think Monica knew about this either.

Y/N's POV

"Come near him again, we have the next surprise for you.." was all I could think of in my head in a relentless loop. 

I was scrapped. I haven't been talking for the whole day. When I turned to Monica, she didn't bother to talk either. I was also quick on my feet to be nowhere near Adam, but at the second last period, I heard him walk up to me. 

"Hey! I wanted to give you this." He pointed a textbook to me. It read as a 'Korean Grammar Textbook for Leaners'. 

I slowly accepted it as he began to walk away, stretching his hand out to wave goodbye at me. I refused to wave back. 

I feel guilty now. I'm only happier when we're at home, in privacy. But school is the bigger issue when it comes down to our 'interaction'. I still was thrilled to take lessons with him.