Chapter 9

Y/N's POV

Luckily, I didn't talk to Adam as much today. But I still want him to keep wanting to talk to me at home. I also thought about the trials and art compitition. He gave me a borrowed textbook from the library that I can use for our tutor sessions, but only for 2 weeks. 

My first session with him seemed not so bad. I actually learned quite a bit as we kept going along with writing and remembering phrases. 

I had quite the fun learning with him. We would work up on how to talk to each other in korean. I would either screw up my pronunciation, or forget what to say. 

I also watched some korean shows and films. 
"Adam. Do you want a snack or something?" I half turned my chair facing him. 

"Uh.. Sure" He responded. I quickly ran downstairs to grab at least 10 different small packets of chips and pocky sticks. 

I dropped all the snacks one by one until it all fell at once. I sorted through them and sat down on my carpet, so did Adam. We both shuffled around each packet. I chose one of the pocky boxes, as Adam picked a chip packet.

"Ooh! This flavor looks interesting" He said happily.

"Yeah. It's light and tangy" I answered back, picking out a pocky stick. 

He laughed at me as a piece of the pocky stick broke from my mouth and dropped between my legs. I laughed as well. He shoved the bit of the biscuit in my mouth. 

I blushed and dropped it again out of embarrassment. I saw his face beam. He lit up after tasting the first chip he chewed. I giggled at his awkwardness.

As I was laying completely still on my bed, in a star fish pose, my brain didn't have the right thoughts when thinking about Adam. I ignored myself from having those thoughts. I'm just not sure if I should keep him in the real world forever..

-

While I walked pass the corridor, I felt a slap on my shoulder. It was Diana. Ignored it until another person shoved my whole body down on the floor as my books dropped. 

I heard Diana and other girls giggle at my surroundings. My hair was shielding my face so I couldn't see them other than their shoes stood close to my books.

It was then a voice emerged from behind me. "Stop! That's enough."

Although, it wasn't Adam. I couldn't recognize it, but I still didn't move as it got closer. I felt someone lift me up from the ground. 

"Are you okay?" He asked me. I assumed it was a guy.

I nodded without speaking a word. The girls buzzed off and walked away with repulsed faces as he picked up my books one by one to hand over back to me. I assured that guy that I was okay, even though I was pushed down. 

"Well, I've seen those girls rome around picking on easy targets." He brushed off my shoulder with his hand. My heart started inflating. Why is he helping me?..

I thanked him and bowed my head kindly to him. He stopped me from walking off and insisted that he walked me to class. 
I was super confused. I then remembered his face to be Travis

I think he knew that I recognised him just from a glance at his face. "You must be y/n." 

"Oh- Yeah. You've probably heard that by now" I looked to the side anxiously.

When I reached to my class, he gave me a piece sign gesture as he left. I felt flustered that one of the other popular people talked to me. Something's not sitting right..

Before I went to my third class, I turned a corner without keeping eye, which lead to another incident. Instead, I bumped into someone as I fell directly on top of them with my head against their chest. Surprisingly, it was Adam. 

I lifted my head up and was locked eye contact. He smirked at me being flustered and lying on his chest. I instantly rolled myself off of him and got back up on my feet. I almost felt winded after tumbling over him.

"Tae- Adam.. What are you doing here?" I asked him confused. 

"Are you ignoring the situation we're in?" He slightly smiled at me. I effortlessly hit my hand on his shoulder like he was funny. 

"We still continuing our study session?"

"Yes." I replied right after he finished until I hastily walked away. 
I made a quick glance through the window of the Geography classroom. 

For a slip second, I noticed a darkish figure sitting in the back row of the desks. The outline of her hair peered to be like Monica's hair style; short, dark brown. 

I walked in quietly to the desk she sat in with her head down. I crouched down with my arms resting my head as I beamed into her droopy eyes. 

Her expression changed to a baby smile when she looked at my happy smile to her. It was total silence in the whole room as we could mainly listen to each other's soft breathing. 

We chuckled to each other as soon as I came to comfort her. It wasn't my best way of sympathy to a friend, but I still wanted her to not look down like I usually am.

"Monica.. Are you upset?" 

I said in a baby tone then I wrapped my finger around her bangs to move aside her ear. I could see her hidden smile. I placed my open hand on the table for her hand to land on. I squeezed her hand tightly as I could trust her. She giggled in an awkward grin.

"Sorry if I made you upset because I seem upset... I just feel.. kinda rejected." Her voice soften. 

I hugged her with my strong arm and walked her outside to class, meaning that we were late, of course. 

For the rest of the hours, I put all my empathy in being present with Monica. 

I love her as a friend very much..

Monica's POV

As y/n gently rubbed my back as we walked to class, I was happier again since she came to put her bright smile onto mine.

The things I've thought about her felt depraved. The emotion that remained in my mind was fault and guilt

I was on the edge of giving up my plan I arranged with a few girls, including Diana. I talked to the popular girls who I knew had the high desires for Adam. 

My pressured self felt the need to snitch on her friendship with him. I almost dismissed the claims, but the girls took it like their partner cheated on them. 

-

Flashback to the day before

It was soon to be the end of lunch when I walked into Diana's group conversation. I overheard her phrase. 

"If their was anything to get her back, it definetely would bring us and Adam together.."

I took an inch of a step backward and stared at them.

"Is their anything you want?" She looked up and down at me, revolted.

"Oh.. uhh. About Adam and y/n..." I murmured before Diana looked into me with pure eagerness. 

"..Adam? -Keep going. Keep going." She flung her hand. 

"Well.. She walks with him to and from school. I've seen it before." 

I kept my head slanted down so I couldn't really look at her face. She demmanded be to continue speaking more 'truth' to her and the group. 

"Later today, take a picture to proove it. Also, care to tell us more about Adam, and especially... Y/n." 

She leaned toward my ear when mentioning y/n. Her creepy voice sent me shivers through my shoulders.

"Then, if you wanna learn more, we can hang out and.. disclose y/n." 

I stuttered with each word I spoke. Although I had strong feelings for Adam, it still didn't suit my character to betray y/n just for him. 

     I'm sorry... y/n.