Chapter 14

Y/N's POV

Things quiet down.

I walked alone since Adam had a runny nose and sore throat, so, as you guessed, my day was as settled at it usually was when Adam weren't around. 

Monica helped me with my remaining homework, and I payed back the favour with my tutoring for the upcoming exams.

'Til the bell rang, we left for our next lesson. Monica began the conversation. "So, where's Adam today?"

"He's got and runny nose and sore throat" I exclaimed. She gasped. "Maybe the recent rain weather caught on him?"

"I don't know.." I sighed.

Travis was also not attended. So it was stuck between me and Monica to work for group studies. Adam was sick, and Travis had important buisness to attend. Monica grew nervous for both of them. 

I was too, but I was mainly worried about Travis since he had to scurry so early yesterday. Wonder if he does have something cutting through him that made him so rushed..?

As I noticed, rain had started to fall down. My worries for that was zero. Monica asked me if I brought my umbrella, but I blurted out "Yes" without complying. 

I just didn't want her request of 'I'll walk home with you'.

The time came for home time, the rain didn't decrease but got stronger when everyone pushed up their umbrella's.

(play youtube video)

I stood outside the sheltered entrance with my bare legs quavering. After about 5 minutes of shivering perpetually, I gave in to walk home in the heavy rain. 

My phone was recieving calls from my mother, to which I purposely made them into missed phone calls.

My feet were constantly bulky as my footsteps were slow, tightly squeezing my arms from the brisky cold rain. My head shot up very shakily when I could sight a bus stop with small shelter. I placed my wet bag near my side and sat down whilst my body was still quaky.

Every tear in my eyes hurt when my weak strength tried holding them back, but I couldn't. They dripped down to my skirt, forming more wet stains like the rain did. 

Just then, I heard faint footsteps in front of me with wet patches across the clear cemente.

"You forgot something important... Your umbrella" 

A moderate tone voice appeared. My head slightly lifted as my eyes glanced up at Adam standing with an umbrella in his hand, along with a thin smile when he looked at me. 

My back was still arched down with massive shivers in my body. He sat beside me with the umbrella half opened. Nothing was spoken other than the rain falling loudly.

When I did get my chance to speak, I inhaled a quaky breath to clear up..

"I have to say something-" 

The both of us said, shot up in eye contact at the same time. We chuckled to ourselves.

"Y-You go first..!" Adam proposed.

I took a fat sigh before speaking.

"Okay. I.. wanna apologise for seeming a little bit upset at you and left you in my room for the rest of the time. Also about telling you to leave. You can still stay, I was just worried about what my parents would think. It's a bit childish of me to take things.. deep."

"I don't think you need to apologise for anything" He chuckled lightly. 

"..I'm sorry that I got a bit irritated. I wasn't trying to be mad at you, I just... thought that you didn't wanna stick with me."

I assumed he meant by the dance thing and me almost kicking him out.

My gaze turned over at him until he could see me staring with my quivery lips. He shuffled out of his jacket and gently placed in over my shoulders. The glowing red on my face started to show. 

My hair was still dripping water droplets onto the floor, but Adam rubbed my wet hair with his big and soft hand. It was chummy of him, but he didn't crack his grin.

"Are you feeling better now..?" I asked him with a soft spoken voice

"Yeah. I knew you left your umbrella behind and that you'd be in the wet rain somewhere, so I took to find you."

His smile grew when he looked at me, cold and drenched. Just then, I felt a small migraine imerge as I dropped my head back down with a clentching face.

"Woah, are you okay?" His arms tugged me in closer to him when my head leaned against his shoulder without intending to.

"I understand what you meant now. That you feel comforted when I'm around you, fictional or not" 

I could feel his warm body against mine. Even his warm heart. My fingers were inching closer to his until his hand tightly gripped onto my whole hand. 

We arranged it so we held them in the right way. All I could hear from my ear leaning onto his shoulder was his settled breathing, and calm rain from my other open ear.

It must've been the side effects that I'm feeling from Adam's presence, like the book manual said, I thought to myself. 

What I estimated to have been 10 minutes, me and Adam finially came to decision about heading home underneath an umbrella that can just fit to cover two people. 

We strolled along the wet pavement as we touched close with out shoulders connected. He wrapped his arm around my open shoulder and kept walking with my drenced-self leaning against his, now wet, shoulder.

We approached the door step and let ourselves inside, leaving the dripping umbrella dry under the shelter of the door way. He hurried me upstairs to my room and rushed to get two towels to coat me and soak the water from my hair and clothes. 

I rolled myself into a burrito with the two towels he threw. He then excused himself outside to let me change. The clothes I shuffled into were clothes that he recently bought for himself.

I laughed on how admirable it looked. He eventually came back in and held his eyes on me for a few minutes. His cute giggle and charming compliments. 

"I never knew that clothes that suit my style could look way better on you."

I pulled my bright blushing face away from his vision, but he saw it anyway. I thanked him politely about walking me home from the cold rain. 

Our eyes were locked to each others as Adam slowly stepped closer for me to stop at the wall. His eyes were still on me with his adorable smile and sighed. 

"Ah! You're just so cute..!" 

He turned away from my unbareable expression, then back to his arms on the wall beside my head.

His hands then placed onto my cheeks with glowing pink sparkles. Our silence remained with very mild rain in the background.

When his face leaned closer, I closed my eyes expecting him to kiss me. But all I felt from lips were on my forehead where my bangs were, with a deep smooch and his hands on the sides of my head. 

After those few seconds, his arms wrapped me tightly to sooth a warm hug. His hug was a hug that was more passionate then before.

He lowered down to fluff up my hair softly and comb his fingers through my bangs. 

We still connected our eyes and stepped back to sit on my desk chair, leaving me in dispassion, still standing still from his affectionate move on me.

"So, do you wanna continue our studying?" 

His smile was too contagious for me to handle, so I unintentionally smirked to him.

I suppose that my devotion for him spiked up a bit more than it did..

Thanks for 60+ reads! Hope you love this story <3