Chapter 20

Y/N's POV

As I'm sitting on my desk beside my laptop, my mind went completely blank. The first thing that I could think of: What if I could draw him again with the same profile, and see the result?

I grabbed the pencil and started drawing into detail. 2 hours straight of drawing and completing 'til I carried on with the profile. It was the same profile that I remembered from his other one.

Once I finished, I waited for a few minutes. The timer I set on my phone past 3 minutes, and nothing happened yet..

I let down my shoulders without a sense of hope until.. something happened. A major flash in front of me shined right as I shielded my eyes from the blinding light.

Once my eyes freshly opened, the sight in front of me felt unreal again. Particles flew around...

"Oh- I'm alive?" 

I gasped, but my breath was taken aback. I was sudden boosted with joy.

"Tae- I mean.. Adam!" I smiled right as I hugged him. He didn't seem to move when I embraced him.

"I'm so glad you're back! I've been waiting for you."

His face appeared to be dazed at the situation.
"Is my name Adam?" He questioned. 

"Y-Yeah.. Do you remember me...? Y/n?.." 

I went a silent.

"Um. Nope." He shook his head.
After hearing his words, I slowly landed on my knees in disbelief. The tears started running again. 

"Are you okay?" 

He said suddenly worried. His hands clasped onto my cheeks as his fingers rubbed off my tears. I was shocked. His personality hadn't changed as he was still empathetic, even when he's a clone of a clone.

I quickly pulled his hands away. "Uh.. Yeah. I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me" I chuckled self-consciously.

'I suppose if I draw him the same with the exact description on a different paper, he would just come out as another clone and not the same person' My mind thought instantly.

I landed back on my chair with my hands holding my forehead.
He was pondering around my room. Saying comments like the other Adam did after he appeared. 

"This room is pretty pleasant."

I thanked him carelessly, without actually taking the compliment like before. I was pretty much more stressed on what else to do with him. 

Even though he's not the actual Adam I wished to revive, I still don't want to just get rid of his life.

When I searched through my uniform crate, I was thankful to find another set of pants, shirt, and tie. School started the next day, and I wasn't giving up on him. 

"Tomorrow morning, I want you to put this on." I demanded to him.

He nodded in agreement. He then started speaking. 

"Y/n, right?"

"Um, yes" I slowly nodded my head. "Am I going to your school?" he asked me. I said yes. 

'I gotta make sure that I don't show my parents. I already told them that he left, so I just gotta lie to them again.. I guess. It's for the best anyway' I thought to myself.

-

The school day came, and me and 'Adam' walked their as usually, except the walking journey was more awkward than is would usually be when I walked with the other Adam.

As I walked along the corrider with him, Travis magically appeared. "Hey y/n! Hey Adam!" He greeted us.

"Hey Travis!" I replied back. 

I estimated if Adam was gonna say something, so I looked over at him when he responded to Travis. 

"Hello Travis, nice to meet yo--"

"-Thanks for the corndogs the other week!" I cut him off.

"Uh- Yeah. It's my habit of paying stuff for people." He smirked. I hoped that he forgot about what Adam was trying to say, since he hasn't met Travis before.

As soon as the bell rang, I grabbed Adam by the arm to pull him to class and away from the conversation with Travis. I said my goodbyes to Travis and ensured him I'd meet him later.

My nervousness got the best of me as this Adam doesn't have a single memory of this school, or teachers.

He sat beside me. I sat there with my fingers fidgeting, but I managed to slow down with my self-consciousness.

When recess finally came, I took Adam to meet with Travis and Monica to a more private place. 

"Come on, A-Adam." It still didn't feel right to call him Adam.

I spun my head around, bumping into someone familiar. "Oh- Hey Y/n." Travis said. 

"H-Hello.." I stuttered in surprise. 

"Let's go to recess." 

He flung his hand at us, signalling us to go with him. We followed behind me, making sure the Adam stuck with me. The three of us appoached to the outside area where our destination was to relax. Monica was already there waiting for our presence. 

Once her eyes caught on Adam, I already calculated what she was gonna say to me. She suddenly stood up. 

"Y/n, can I talk to you for a quick minute?"

I approved as she dragged me a few metres away from the view of Travis and Adam.

"Is that Adam? Did you actually bring him back?"

"Well, I did draw him again and put in his same description... but.." I paused for a few seconds as Monica looked up to my eyes.

"...it's not Adam." I muttered softly.

"So, it's Adam, but he doesn't.. remember you?"

"Yeah. He has no memory of anything. It's like his brain reset to back when he first came." I face palmed my forehead in slight distress. 

Travis' POV

Once as Monica and y/n left our chat group, the conversation with me and Adam was brief. I didn't want the silence to stay until the two came back, but Adam was quick to start the talking. 

"So, tell me about y/n!" He grew a wide smile.

"Oh, well.. I'm sure you would already know much about her."

"No. Not really. I'm just curious to hear your thoughts".

I was pretty reluctant on whether to say something. But, my mind just spilled it out anyway since I didn't wanna keep it too much a secret.

"I guess she is strong and smart. She can dance amazingly. Her passion for drawing is also pretty. I only just met her weeks ago, but she's still really talented at what she does. Although she can be.. self-conscious and aware of her mistakes, I still find it kind of adorable. She may not have the best extroversion in her, but I'm willing to help her get better with that. It felt like it's been my goal, I suppose.."

Adam nodded. "Wow. She really sounds like a great person." He smiled. 

I agreed with his comment. "Maybe one day she'll have the same feeling for you".

I looked at him, blushing quite lightly. "W-What? Are you saying that I liker her or something?". He giggled at me. 

He's not that wrong though, I thought.

Y/N's POV

Monica kept her ease. "Let's just go back to Travis and Adam. I'm sure we can figure this out at some point." 

I had low standards.

When we finished talking, we both put on our normal faces as we got back to them.

"So, did you guys do anything while we were gone for a few minutes?" Monica asked being nosy. 

Travis answered casually. "We didn't really say much. Adam and I just talked about.. well- it doesn't really matter now that you're here." 

He brushed off the awkward question. We both sat back down and enjoyed the free time with each other as we digged into our snacks. I was surprised Adam got along with these two pretty quickly. 

Although, who knows if he would be feeling the way for me like how I do.. for him.