Chapter 12

Adam/Taehyung's POV

I helped y/n to calm down until we eventually went back to where we left Monica and Travis.

"You guys aight'?" Monica said. 

"Yeah. We're okay. I just had a random nose bleed, it happens sometimes" Y/n giggled to herself. I could suddenly tell that she was play-acting. 

I also pretended that I just assisted y/n with her small blood rush. We sat back down calmly and proceeded with our studies, except in full quietness. When minutes went by without a word spoken, Monica interrupted the silence.

"Ugh, my eyes are getting heavy. We should just call it a night" She sighed abruptly.

 But before anyone else replied to Monica's statement, Travis implied.

"I know that majority of us just met, but how about you guys stay over for the night? It's my treat since my parents aren't home for the week."

I looked at y/n when her eyes were already directed at mine. I could feel my throat gulp silently. In my head, I was refusal, but we all approved anyway.

Travis carried out four sleeping bags and located them in the living room. My sleeping bag was placed besides y/n and Monica. Monica was first to fall into deep sleep in her bag, clearly. 

It wasn't too late 'til the last of us brought ourselves in the sleeping bag, in our clothes. My back was turned from y/n as I was lying on my side. Every light was turned off, and could only here loud breathing from Monica and Travis.

Y/N's POV

I was still awake since my tiredness didn't effect anything in me. 
My voice was quiet enough to whisper over Adam. 

"Hey.. Adam. Are you still awake..?"

"Yeah..." He replied calmly.

"Is your nose bleed okay?"

"Yeah. It's okay now."

"I'm sorry if I sorta freaked you out back there. I knew it may not have been the best time to say it to you, but I just thought I should tell you.." He soften his voice.

"It's okay.. I may not last that long, you know.." I spoke the quietest at the last part. Adam couldn't hear that, but he was silent for a few minutes. 

I felt my phone buzz from underneath my sleeping bag. I pulled it out to look at what just came up.

'Make sure you are ready for what's about to happen..'

That sentence gave me shivers. It looked like the same profile that sent me that previous threatening message. My hand chucked it back in my sleeping back. My eyes slowly closed until sleep finally hit me.

Adam/Taehyung's POV

I felt like the last one to be awake. When I did manage to open my eyes, I could suddenly feel my whole body warm up from Monica unconsciously embracing me to tightly like I'm a teddy bear.

Slowly but quietly unwrapped her hands from my torso. My pretty bright vision could just make out that y/n and Travis are eating breakfast together. 

"Oh, Adam! You're awake" Y/n looked over at me.

She handed me a clean plate with a freshly made waffle. I ate every last piece since my starvation was drowning me. Monica eventually woke up to eat hers as well.

"I noticed as you and Monica looked very cosy together" Travis laughed as well as y/n. I continued brushing off my plate in the sink. Monica didn't really say anything since she was still loopy.

"Oh. Hey, Y/n. I just realised that we should practise our dance" Travis remarked.

"Huh?"

"You know, Our duo dance. We should practise it together" He smiled at her.

Y/n's face looked uncomfortable. Just as Travis came closer to her, Monica's words immediately cut right in between them coincidentally .

"Man, I think I need to be home by now. Welp, gotta run. Catch you guys later!" 

Monica tossed her bag over her shoulder and walked out of the front door. My hand reached to y/n's as I waved goodbye to Travis. 

"Thanks for the stay over, Travis. See you at school!" I smiled at him before leaving the house with my hand gripped onto hers.

Y/N's POV

Once we reached back home, I immediately demmanded Adam to hand over the book he borrowed. He then gave it to me a bit concerned, but I dove my focus deep into the book as I studied it. I was mostly focused on the 'magic pencil' part.

I could hear my stomach growl again. My brain ignored it as I was still reading the pages of the book. 

"Adam."

"Yeah?"

"It reads here on this stanza that when you do draw a character or object, it with transform into reality within 3 minutes. Consider the drawing on the paper as a soul. If the paper with the drawing is in anyway damaged or torn, the drawing that is in the real dimension with evaporate within 60 seconds.."

I informed Adam. I read out the whole page to him as my mind is conflicted with big information about the pencil that's considered life for drawings. Adam was the only drawing I did with the pencil.

"..When the drawing is alive, it has its own time-limit of how long it can be kept into shape in the real world. The limited time for that drawing can be between a few months or a year..." 

I gulped a bit at the end bit, but I encourage myself to keep reading aloud.

"...the drawing will immediately disappear when that time-limit has been reached. If the creator keeps that drawing's life for longer, the consquences will progress by each time it is being kept held of in the.. real dimension."

I swallowed again as my stomach gargled like it was gaining sick acids the more I thought about it. I suppose that reading that sentence gave me jitters, giving me second thoughts..

Adam asked me if I was okay, but I still told him that it's nothing to be concerned about. My eyes followed along the rest of the paragraphs. 

"When you first use the pencil, it is to be claimed by the user. Therefore, the consequences of their actions can result in risky situations if they don't follow the instructions.." 

I read the rest of it in my head.

I quietly sighed and let down my shoulders. I had know idea what else I'm supposed to do in this matter. My mind was still circling in confusion as my eyes were in space, completely unaware of Adam and him questioning me. 

"Y/n? I know that book may be a bit much to take since it talks a lot about the pencil.. and how long I live..." He quieted down.

I guess that that nose bleed might as well have been apart of the pencil magic's doing..

When my hand turned to what I thought to be the last page, I could visibly notice a page had been deeply torn out of the book. After that page, another title of a different mythical item appears. 

I could evidently tell that last page, that was ripped out, was the actual 'final' page that had more info on the pencil.

"Adam, do you know where the last page is?" I asked him.

"Oh, I actually don't know. It might be in the library somewhere..?"

I let out another sigh. That page could possibly have the information I need. Maybe there is a way.. that Adam could live forever...?