Chapter 19

Y/N's POV

I felt like giving up. 

Once I headed back home, I failed to show an emotion to my parents once they greeted me.

"Hey sweetie! Where's Adam? Did he leave?" She said with concern.

"Uh.. Yeah. He left back home" I murmured. 

"Oh. Did he bring all his stuff with him? I didn't get a chance to hug that handsome boy goodbye" She sulked.

The clouds outside were dim, making the scenery of my room really dull and pretty dark. The weather was already wet.

I collapsed into my pillow, throbbing in despair of what could've been worse today. My fist puched my pillow repeatedly until I fell weak to my core. 

I screamed and cryed relentlessly until I dove into my computer, doing my left over essay. But still, I didn't show a single positive emotion for the rest of the day 'til I went to sleep.

It was a the last school day of the week, meaning that I also had to perform with Adam in the assembly. I expectedly ran into sir as he assured me about our performance.

"Is Adam with you?"

"Um, he's actually really sick. He had a high fever" I lied in such an act. It felt really convincing.

"Oh dear. Well, I suppose the next assembly will be in 2 weeks. Hopefully he will be available." He smiled until he walked back to his staffroom. I failed to succeed his wish.

It felt like it went back to normal when he wasn't there before I transformed him. Although, it must've gotten more dark around me then it was like the times before being with Adam. 

I was restless during school hours, and barely got into contact with Travis or Monica.

Before I left back home, my vision caught Monica's textbook laying on the side of her desk where she left it. I grabbed it to shove into my bag so I can bring it up to her. 

I jogged over 5 minutes to the front door of her house. As I took my breath, I pressed the door bell until she answered.

"Hey, y/n. I didn't know you'd come over" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah- um. I found your english textbook on your desk. Just thought of handing it back to you." I allowed myself inside as she was cool with it.

"Thanks for being kind enough to return my textbook after school."

She patted my shoulder lightly. She then suggested to get me a drink or snack, but I kindly refused the offer. My mind was in a bit of a mess as I kept fumbling with my shirt.

"Uh- I should get going now. Thanks for the offer." I hastily turned around to reach the door before Monica cut me off. 

"Y/n, wait!"

I froze. She then turned me around as she held my hands softly.

"You can talk to me.. I know what's going through your mind. In fact, I saw the whole thing the other day." She said calmly. 

I gave in a long sigh as I looked down, then up at her with tears forming down my face. I was struck by her comment.

"You saw...."

"Yes. When I did see it, I was confused at the fact that Adam just... disappeared. But, I could see the relationship between you two..."

She spoke softly. I couldn't help but cry. She pushed my head to rest on her shoulder as tears continuously ran down my face, then to her shirt.

-

After about 1 minute of sobbing in pain, I pulled myself back up and wiped my tears in a big sniff. Monica's sympathetic gestures really helped me feel more better.

I stood still like a ragdoll, her hand caressing my cheeks, wiping away my thick tears until she hugged me tightly in a big squeeze. What felt like hugging for a century, we quietly sat down on her couch together.