16

2 Days Later...

Naruto and his team stood in single file, while they awaited the Fourth Hokage. Naruto looked up and started to eye all the competition, "So many teams passed...all 4 Rookie Teams, 3 more Leaf Teams, 1 sand, and...that Sound Team."

Naruto having the luck of being in the far back corner had the perfect position to get a good look on everything. His eyes fell on the boy with the sand gourd. To others it may look like an ordinary gourd, but Naruto could see the chakra flowing in it. The first time Naruto was amazed by the ingenious idea of making the gourd out of sand. While it may sound like a waste of chakra, it could end up being his last ace in the hole.

Yet that wasn't what had Naruto so uneasy. It was the tension he brought to the was like everywhere he went you could feel the change in air around him. The only reason Naruto had noticed it, was because the way his comrades acted around him. His two own teammates, no his siblings, feared him so much. His sensei seemed to make sure to stay out of his way. Even now his sensei was trying his best to not catch his gaze. All of this had made Naruto very uneasy. Add in their little confrontation earlier in the week, had made Naruto very suspicious of the boy.

Naruto kept eyeing the boy not with fear or anger, but with curiosity, "Who exactly are you Gaara Shubaki? The only thing I've been able to figure out, is you're an opponent greatly feared by his own comrades...why are you so feared?"

Gaara stood there looking forward without a single change in his facial expression. Though he had been able to catch the watchful eye of Naruto Uzumaki, "That look...isn't one of fear or hate...then I will make him fear me."

A small smile crept on Gaara's face, which rushed panic into his sensei. Baki having seen the little smile had sent chills down his spine, "That look! I know it too well...he's already found someone he's interested in!"

Then suddenly the appearance of the Fourth Hokage took everyone's attention. The Fourth Hokage stepped forward in front of all the Jounin-Senseis. He was followed by a sickly looking jounin.

The Fourth Hokage stepped in front of all the genin, as he searched for two people. "Both Naruto and Mito's team made it."

His stareful eyes stayed on Naruto for a second longer, then they quickly looked around the room for 3 more people, "Miyuki...Izura...Sasuke Uchiha & Naruto. I need to keep a very close eye on these four. Especially Sasuke since he had already received the cursed seal."

Flashback No Jutsu.

Minato stood in a room in the highest point of the tower. Behind him stood the Third Hokage sitting on the couch with Anko. Turning around he fired some questions, "Anko, first I would want to tell you, what you did was very foolish. There is no need for you to throw away your life like that. I know you hate Orochimaru, but don't allow that hate to cloud your judgment."

Anko looked up at the Fourth Hokage, "I'm sorry Lord Hokage...I probably should of waited for backup before trying to look for him."

Minato nodded his head, "So, did you figure out why he was here?"

Anko continued to rub the mark on her neck, "He was after someone...someone that could fulfil his ambitions."

Minato raised an eyebrow, "Ambitions?"

"His obsession with learning every ninjutsu in the world is what drives him. He wants...the Sharingan, and said he managed to mark someone." explained Anko.

The Third Hokage stood up, and looked out the window, "So he's after the Uchiha then. The only ones to have awaken the Sharingan are Miyuki Uchiha, Izura Uchiha, Sasuke Uchiha, and Naruto...Uzumaki. All four of them are in the chunin exams."