24

Rabbit slammed her head onto….concrete? Looking around she noticed the gloomy place she was in. Slowly lifting herself up, she clutched her head as the world around her spinned. She didn't pay attention to the fact that her mask had crumbled away. Then she looked Crow right in the eyes.

"Who are you?"

Rabbit quickly moved her hand to her face, and noticed her mask was gone. Her hand unconsciously moved to cover the cursed mark on her forehead. She looked Naruto in the eye, "I'm…."

"Since when do you have the Byakugan? Why didn't you tell us? Or was it just me?" demanded Naruto.

Rabbit jaw tightened slightly, and she answered, "Only the Captain and Tiger know about this….since they've been my teammates since I entered ANBU 2 years ago."

Naruto was a bit dazed as he took a better look at Rabbit, "But you're only 17? I thought you were much older…"

Rabbit eye twitched a little, "Did you seriously think I was that old? You little disrespectful brat!"

Naruto suddenly composed himself, and took off his broken mask. "Then who are you? You are the most secretive of our team….why keep your Byakugan a secret?"

Rabbit angrily looked at Naruto, "How about your weird Sharingan? Why didn't you tell us about that?"

"It's a forbidden technique….I wasn't suppose to know of it. So our superiors believed it best to be kept top secret. I had no choice." replied Naruto, "But I believe you did."

Rabbit slightly eased up, and dropped her hand from her forehead. Naruto eyes widened as he noticed a scar across her Caged Bird Seal "I am….."

FLASHBACK

A young girl giggled as she ran through the halls of a very elegant home. She turned the corner of the hall, and nearly toppled over a younger boy. She moved gracefully, and caught him in stride, "Neji! Watch out."

The very young Neji looked up and smiled, "Cousin! You want to play?"

"I'm sorry! I can't right now! Today's the day I become an official member!" replied the young girl.

Neji mouth widen in awe, "That's so cool! I wish I could get my Byakugan too! Then I could become one!."

"You have to wait until you turn 8! Just like all members of the Hyuga clan." replied the girl.

Neji pouted for a small second, and then the young girl raced off. Neji just waved to her as she ran down the hall.

LINE

The young girl raced to the last door, and opened it. Already inside were two other girls capable of achieving the Byakugan. Walking into the she stood beside those two girls. Looking around the room she was surprised at it's size. The clan leaders of the Main branch were all sitting in front of them. Then besides them stood a couple of the Side Branch members, and some parents. Looking around she smiled as her gaze fell on her parents. Her father was as stern as always, and her mother gave her a reassuring smile.

Then suddenly the Hyuga Clan leader, Hiashi stepped forward, "Thank you all for coming out today. Today we have 3 children that have reached the age in which they activate their Byakugan. Once you have activated your Byakugan it's mandatory that you receive the Seal that protects our precious bloodline. We will have the three kids step forward, and present their Byakugan. Then they will receive the seal and become an official member."

"First….Yuna Hyuga. Please step forward." spoke Hiashi.

The little girl stood even straighter up, and walked forward, "Right off the bat…."