17

Naruto, Sai, and Yakumo silently stood under the tree enjoying the silence together. They were currently at their usual training grounds. Naruto looked over at his teammates, having been filled in what happened in the rest of the Prelimanaries. Apparently Sai ended up defeating some Inuzuka genin. "Match 1 Me vs Neji, Match 2 Sasuke vs Gaara, Match 3 Kankuro vs Yakumo, Match 4 Shikamaru vs Temari, Match 5 Dosu vs Shino, and Match 6 Sai vs Mito.."

Naruto looked up at both of his teammates, "There's a chance that we'll have to fight each other, so I just want to tell you guys...Good Luck."

"I was thinking about that too, I guess I'll just do the same." replied Yakumo.

Sai shrug his shoulders, "Yeah, but it would have to be pretty far into the tournament, and I bet by then we can prove we're worthy of being chunin."

Yamato jumped out of the trees, "I'm glad you all think the same, it's good not allow these exams to pull you apart. As well I never got the chance to congratulate you guys. We were only other team besides sand, to have our whole group pass to the finals."

"Thank you, Sensei." replied the three Genin.

Yamato smiled, "If you all three become chunin, I'll probably be the first one ever to have a whole squad pass. Though if it does happen I'll be letting you know, we might not see each other as often. So I wanted to invite all of you to a friendly meal, a few days before the exam."

"I don't think I would ever forgot you guys, regardless." Responded Sai.

Naruto and Yakumo agreed with him, "Yeah, Yamato-Sensei I would miss you boys a lot. We're pretty much family."

"You guys are acting like we will never see each other again, we don't have to be ninja to be friends." voiced out Naruto.

Yamato nodded, "So how do you guys want to set up you're training for the month?"

Naruto stood up, "I'm gonna do my own training.I need to work on my stamina, and grasp better control over my Sharingan."

Yakumo and Sai understood, but Yamato didn't, "What do you mean? You have pretty good control over it already, and you're stamina is better than most chunins."

"Umm...it's just that I've been using higher techniques, and they're taking a big drain on me." replied Naruto.

Yamato noticed a hint of hesitation, "Like what?"

Naruto thought for a moment before responding, "Like that genjutsu I used on Izura. It's an A-Rank genjutsu that uses almost a quarter of my chakra."

"Are you serious?" asked Yakumo,

Naruto nodded, " Yeah, it's suppose to cause a lot of mental damage. Though the one that I used on Izura wasn't at its fullest pontential."

"Impressive Naruto, I guess you won't need any help from me. So how about you two?" asked Yamato.

Yakumo looked at his sensei, "Well...not trying to putting you down sensei, but Kurenei agreed to help me."

Yamato, "I guess that's fin-"

"Why would you agree to that? Didn't she say you wouldn't become a good ninja?" asked Naruto.

Yakumo shrug her shoulders, "Well, her only student who passed was Shino, and he doesn't really require her help...and I don't know. I guess I forgave her because I was able to prove her wrong, and she acknowledged it. I guess that's enough for me to allow myself to give her another chance."

Naruto blinked, and he just remained silent. Sai then looked over to his sensei, "Yamato-sensei I would like you to help me."

"Good! I though my students were all gonna blow me off. After they leave we will set up a schedule. Got it?" replied Yamato.