5. theodore nott's plan

HOW TO BE A HEARTBREAKER

THEODORE NOTT'S PLAN

( Monday 24 September 1997 )

Blaise sat with his face buried in his hands, shaking his head. Theo had summoned him to the quad during their free study period to tell him all about his revenge plan on Draco. Apparently, Theo had been given this some thought all weekend since the incident, but had stayed up the entire night before solidifying parts and adding in the finer details.

When Blaise agreed to help Theo get his revenge on Draco, he had expected something a tad bit more lighthearted. Perhaps publicly humiliating him in the Great Hall, maybe sabotaging his homework, or switching his shampoo with red hair dye.

No, Theo was a lot more upset than Blaise had anticipated.

Theo wanted Draco to get his heart broken — a revenge plan that would take weeks if not months, one that would leave Draco more hurt than Theo, most likely.

"Let me get this straight." Blaise yanked his head from his hands and looked at Theo. "You want to find a girl, have Draco fall in love with her, and then get with her to break Draco's heart?"

Theo nodded quickly. "It's good, isn't it?" He said, "It's exactly what he did to me."

"But that makes you just as bad as him." Blaise furrowed his brows. "And let's also not forget the fact that Draco has never even had an actual emotional connection with a girl, let alone fallen in love with one. You're asking for the impossible here, Theo. Any girl you find, he'll just sleep with and ruin. It's kind of his whole thing."

Theo shook his head. "I know, I know. He's a heartless bastard — and that got me thinking. There's only one girl at this school that actually makes him feel something. One girl that gets his attention without even opening her mouth, or looking in his direction."

Blaise's face melted in realisation. "Theo, no —"

"And there's also only a handful of girls who would never fall for Draco's lies and however good he may apparently be in bed. And one of those girls happens to be the one he's practically obsessed with," Theo smirked.

"Rowan Yaxley, Theo!?" Blaise cried, "You're absolutely insane."

"No, it's actually the best revenge I've come up with — and I've been thinking a lot, Blaise," Theo replied, "Yaxley hates Draco — of course she is going to be down for some revenge of her own. Plus, the fact that she literally finds him repulsive means it will be easy for the plan to go ahead. He'll fall in love with her, but she won't fall in love with him. She'll stick to the plan — there's a zero chance of Draco manipulating her like he does the other girls."

Blaise chewed on his bottom lip. "Okay, well what about the fact that Draco doesn't date? And why the hell would he fall in love with Yaxley? I know we like to say otherwise, but he really does hate her, Theo."

"That will be the tough bit, I know," Theo admitted, "Getting Draco to actually fall for a girl seems impossible, but Yaxley's always been different to him, hasn't she? In his eyes, she's like some sort of forbidden fruit. With the amount of time they spend with each other between meal time, prefect duties, and quidditch... I reckon Yaxley could pull it off."

"She will never say yes."

"So we convince Parkinson it's a good idea too," Theo smirked. "Those two are joined by the hip. If Parkinson likes the plan, Yaxley will soon be for it. I think they would love to get some revenge on Draco, too. To see him as heartbroken as all of the girls he's hurt before. And I want to see it because he hurt me."