𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 5: 𝑺𝑰𝑵𝑪𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑻𝒀 𝑰𝑺 𝑺𝑪𝑨𝑹𝒀

I tap my shoes on the floor and take a deep breath in an attempt to focus on what I'm reading. I usually read my favourite books with ease, but I can't seem to concentrate on them now.

Why is it my favorite, and why now, of all the places we can see each other?

We're in a library, and for Pete's sake, we are the only people here. For some reason, he makes me nervous.

I'm covering my face with the book, but I'm aware of him. His purple eyes are fixed on me.

"What?" I put the book down with my fictitious composure.

He chuckles and shakes his head as he stares at me." Nothing," he answers, his lips curling into a smile. Even his eyes appear to be smiling.

This fucker! My... My... My heart is assaulting my ribcage. My pulse is racing-omygosh, my face is burning. Bu.... butterflies? Whoa, whoa, whoa! What the hell? He can't just walk in my life and starts giving butterflies, how disrespectful.

Haitani, Ran is pretty.

My cheeks and ears are glistening with hueful crimson. Blood is rushing through my veins, ringing bells to my pulse. Wires are heckling my chest, it's getting harder to breathe. Someone pinned the sun on the ceiling above me, sending me to hyperventilation. I've never been moved in like this before.

I close my eyes and sigh. Don't tell me I'm having a crush on him, now.

Oh, God! What if I actually have a crush on him? Gosh, he's so beautiful.

But I have never had a crush before, I do not have the slightest idea how this works.

I pick up my book and begin reading again to distract myself and my racing heart. But a gust of wind blows through the library's open window, passing past him first and to me.

He smells nice today-it's not the same cologne that I smelled yesterday.

I sneak a peek at him. He's completely immersed in what he's reading, his fingers buried in the book's other pages, waiting to be moved to flip the pages.

His hair is down, framing his soft and pretty face; his lips are peach, plump, and slightly open; his gleaming mauve iris is marveling at the words between the lines.

"What?" He looks at me languidly.

I shriek and bury my face in the book I am clutching.

Did he just catch me fangirling? Idiot.

"Are you, by any chance, following me? Love? " His eyes never left his book, yet his ears are idling for my response.

"Excuse me? I've never seen you here before, so it seems like you're the one stalking me."

Ok, I sound so defensive. Why am I acting stupid? God take me now, I don't want to look stupid.

He smiles lazily and looks at me, "oh, I used to be the student in charge here last year, and I came here first before you, so technically your statement is wrong."

His phone rings, he did not even make an effort to stand up and draw a distance before answering the call. "Oh, that." He tilts his head. "Love, I did the job and you paid me; there's also extra service that happened, but whatever happened at
your house stays in your house, alright?"

"I have to go, customer service, " he says as he stands up and walks away, his backpack is draped across his left shoulder, his left hand in his pocket, while his right-hand fumbles on his phone.