𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 8: 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹𝑩𝑶Y

(Starboy: a man who had sex with many women. )

"How long have you two been dating?" Yuki with her perking eyebrows is aghast.

Holy Hera! I'm calling all the gods; please hit me with a clap of thunder or send a wild beast to take me out of these silent torments.

I had no idea that lying in front of them would make me sick, make me want to vomit or jump out of my skin.

I've had like a whole dozen prayers just to calm myself down, but no dice. I think, I'd just snap my neck or just pretend to pass out.

I'm sitting on Ran's lap whislt Yuki and her boyfriend are sitting across the table, and everyone in the pool area is gaping at us. All of them can't believe their senses so their wet eyeballs are on our skin, AND THAT DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT.

My knees are trembling so bad, consumed by tribulation, fueled by anxiety. Ran puts his right hand on my knees and starts to rub circles on them with his thumb whilst his left arm snakes to my waist, holding me nice and steady.

"I've been a month? We just like to keep it to ourselves, right, love?" Ran's lips curl into a smile as he drags the tip of his nose to my cheeks up and down before looking at Yuki again.

Yuki's jaw drops open and her friends start giggling and ogling Ran and his gestures.

I blush and look down.

Good thing this fucker is a great actor because I wouldn't last a minute; Ran has been carrying our performance from the moment we arrived. I can't even articulate a single word without wanting to crumble down the floor.

It's a cold night, and I'm only wearing a white skirt, but my body is burning from the attention, I have all of these prying eyes marveling at me and Ran, who's only wearing beach shorts and a Hawaii shirt with three of the buttons left open, revealing a fragment of his tattoo. Wonder, he is a real wonder.

"I don't understand, since when did you get interested in dating, especially in dating a manwhore?"

Oh, hell. I'm perplexed as you are, Yuki, since when did I get interested in dating-fake dating-someone? Oh yeah, until you provoke me. Until I decide to be petty and step down on your level, and now there is no going back. I dived right into the pool of cringes and humiliation, and there's no going back.

"Hey brat, have you two had sex already? I thought you're keeping your virginity for Takashi since it's obvious that both of your families would like to merge by marriage." Naoki whistles and rips his face with a condescending smirk.

Yuki's boyfriend is good-looking and a decent guy, until he opens his god-damned mouth. I want to grab him by his neck and drown him in the pool.

Of course, I and Ran haven't even done as far as that, but how dare he make such notions?

"And that guy you're with is a homeless Starboy; I heard he does sex work for a living sometimes. Boys like that belong to prostitute clubs," Naoki directs his gaze to Ran. "No offense, dude. I often tastes the gist of what is happening to your department, and oh boy, I nearly puked. I find it hard to look at you, how do you stomach feeding yourself and your little brother with money from that job?" Naoki starts mixing his drink with his pinky.

I want to feel his neck snap under my palms.

That's the last straw, I stand on my feet to grab both Yuki and Naoki's hair to pull them to me, but Ran pulls me back and holds me even tighter.

That's a mean thing to say! I do not know the entirety of the story of his life, yet I know he's trying his best to provide for himself and his brother. He isn't like us, and who cares about the work he does? At least he's got the balls to work, unlike these people who rely on their mommy and daddy's money who either comes from corruption, fraud, and criminal syndicates.