𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 23: 𝑨𝑳𝑾𝑨𝒀𝑺 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹

⚠️ Reader's Discretion is advised ⚠️

TW: Self-harm

In an abandoned pier in Tokyo sixteen years ago

Rika Haitani sprints for her pursuers' car, knowing that it is the only place she will be safe. She plans to steal the car and use it to escape.

They've already stabbed her stomach a few times and taken her to this abandoned pier. She knows they're not going to let her go alive.

They kidnapped her at the cafe and brought her here to torture her because they found out what's her true reason to visit Tokyo. Fortunately, a homeless guy took off Rika's blindfold and distracted her pursuers, giving her enough time to flee.

"I need to go home," she mutters with tremors. "I need to make it home..... my children need me." She can't find the keys to the car. She begins to panic, but she hears a noise behind her.

In the back seat, a four-year-old child looks at her with pure innocence. She recognizes the child since she had met her before because she had been kidnapped.

"Y/N-chan!"

The child's face lights up at the sight of Rika, she genuinely smiles and reaches for the child.

Rika's touch makes the child giggle, the child grabs Rika's hands and cuddles them.

Rika's heart softens as she realizes the child is the same age as her younger child, Rindou.

The little child cries, "P-p.....Play! Play!"

"We'll play later, okay? Have you seen a key, Y/N-chan?" Rika gestures for a key.

The small child simply pouts and shakes her head, "Hmmm. No. Pl-play!" The child blushes at Rika once more, then climbs into Rika's lap and huddles on her chest.

Fortunately, Rika's clothing hid the bleeding from her stomach wounds, and she endured the pain while the little child nestled on her lap as she doesn't want to disappoint the child.

The child then moves her gaze to Rika's hands, pointing to her emerald ring.

"It's a promise ring, Y/n-chan. When you give it to someone, you're promising to stay with them forever."

The toddler only stares at Rika, puzzled, while clutching her ring finger, "pretty, w...want!"

"One day, one day, Y/N-chan. One day someone will love you with their whole existence and will promise their future with you."

Then Rika sees her pursuers roaming near the car frantically looking for her.

"Y/N-chan, I'm going to hide in the back seat, please don't tell them I'm here when they come back inside, okay?"