𝓢𝓹𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓵 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻: 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓡𝓪𝓷

"Ran!"

You stomp out of the bedroom to the kitchen to scold him again. He knows how to cook complicated dishes but why does he keep on messing up pancakes? The burnt smell is seeping through your nostrils, air frying the patience you have left making you incapacitated early in the morning.

"Don't mess up the pancakes! You know your daughters will eat it even if it's burnt-they love you that much." You swat the air, furrow your brows, and lean on the kitchen door frame.

His daughters love him so much that they declared war on you yesterday, and argued that you kept their "daddy" away from them for too long, even though he slept the whole day, pinning you on the bed with his heavy arms, and refusing to let you go-little did they know you've been wanting to kick all three of them to the streets for stressing you out.

"Apologies for the pancakes, love," his mauve iris gapes at his palms, "these hands can do a lot of things, but it can't seem to do these weird flat cakes. But the girls and I made something for you last night!" His lips stretch into a broad sly smile and pull something inside the refrigerator.

You fold your arms across your chest, chew on your lips, and look away-he knows his smile makes you weak every time, and he uses it whenever he needs something or makes a mistake; even your two daughters would use that slick strategy on you.

"Love," his hands snake on your waist pressing your torso to his and plants kisses on your forehead. "If you keep on blowing the fuse on me, and you happen to be pregnant, the baby will look exactly like your husband."

"That's unjust," you murmur, pouting your lips and rolling your eyes. "Saeji and Tsuneko already looked like you, and I don't want another baby, but if I happen to want and they turn out to be your other twin," you knock your knuckles to Ran's forehead, "I'm sending all three of you back to Japan-since I can't handle another version of little vicious Ran when all three variants of you coexist in one place, specifically in my house."

You rest your forehead on his broad, muscly chest. You are easily stressed
these days. Even Ran's face irritates
you at times.

It brings back memories of you and Ran fighting for what you have now. Almost a decade ago, after your plan to flee to Vietnam was unknowingly ruined by Ran-your beloved husband- himself, the catastrophe worsened, and horrendous secrets were revealed: Rika Haitani turned out to be Mr. Mitsuya's mistress, and Saeki turns out to be Ran's sugar mommy out of an ordeal, stepmother, and murderer of his mother all at once. Your mother also disclosed that Saeki was pregnant with Ran's child, which worsened the grandeur of the tragedy. Saeki then thrust a shattered champagne bottle into Ran's stomach out of seething rage-twice.

You recall rushing to him when he collapsed on the floor, blood, and life oozing out of him, while Izana and Kakucho both stopped Saeki from inflicting another fatal wound to Ran.

You were so hysterical at the time that
you even tried to carry Ran yourself
since everyone else was distracted by the mayhem in the room. You recall
Ran saying his farewell and making
some promises-speeches that you never wanted to hear- and every fiber of your body can
taste your tremble at the prospect of
losing Ran. You tried your best to stop his wounds from oozing blood, but after Ran lost his
consciousness, you took the same broken bottle Saeki used on Ran and
attempted to swing it around-but Kakucho grabbed your hand, halting you from frenzy-pulling you back into senses of the state of affair.