𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 16: 𝑨𝑪𝑬 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑬𝑳𝑰𝑵

"What's that, pretty girl?" Ran suddenly struts next to me and drapes his shoulders to mine as we walk the pavement. He's elated.

"You're late." I look up at him to meet his eyes with my knitted forehead. I click the device on my hand to make sure it works, it better be or I'll to the ends of Tokyo.

"Sorry, love. Rindou sent me flying off the apartment stairs when Sanzu and I started bantering early in the morning. We had to repent."

"Whatever, I'm starting to think he's older than you, you shouldn't stress him out, he'll throw you out soon." I blow the strand of my hair that plays with the wind. We're under the Claire de lune, birds are frantic yet quiet, and the noises are bouncing through the buildings of the Shibuya metropolis.

Something isn't right. I gulp, it's starting again, the voice starts singing to my ears.

"Love, we are here." We stop at the huge building." I take out the other device from the pocket of my teal hoodie and wave it to his face.

"What's that?" He removes his draping hands on my shoulders and shoves both of them in the pocket of his jeans, tilting his head.

"It's a walkie-talkie, Ace! And my nickname is Elin, right? You gave it to me!" I pout, stuff the walkie-talkie into his pocket, and shove him inside the building, "we're like spies, so if we need to call each other, just page the walkie-talkie!" I run out, leaving him there.

Ran asked me for access to one of Tokyo's private business establishments to speak with someone there, but I refuse to go with him inside because they know my face and might call my father about it.

I wander around Tokyo and buy random adorable things that serve no purpose, then I decide to get a cold coffee. I need to be alone, this will do.

I'm sipping my cold coffee when I noticed a homeless man standing at the window glass, staring eerily at me. For a brief moment, I'm scared to death, because the man is as frightening as you can imagine, with bloodshot eyes and musty hair, but then I think the homeless man might be hungry.

It takes little effort to be kind. I walk outside to give him some bread and two cups of hot coffee.

But the man made a choking noise and starts laughing aggressively, his eyes boring into me creepily and mockingly.

"MURDERER! Hee hee!" His voice is small, sharp, and high. His rotting finger is pointing at me with a hint of evil glistening in his wicked eyes.
"Muahahaha, murderer.....Hihi...heee...he..." He giggles and covers his mouth, muffling a few remarks from him.

I drop the cups of coffee and bread and dash away from him, I weave through the sea of people, dizzy and dissociating.

Adrenaline pumps throughout my whole body as I run as fast as I can, I turn to different alleyways and turn left and right. Something in me feels wrong, I feel so sick, I want to throw up.

I'm scared... I'm too scared.....

My kneecap feels as though it'll shatter the moment they make another step. I lean on a trashcan in an alleyway catching my breath and clutching my chest.

My white and slender fingers are as pale as a white swan and my fingers are turning mauve.

I restart my run in hopes to shake away my unreasonable fear until I reach an open area.

I'm blinded by the light as though a gigantic spotlight has been directed at me, but as it clears, I find myself standing in the middle of an abandoned pier.

I'm walking around looking for a way out when I notice the homeless man standing on top of one of the shipping containers.

The sinister blaring sound slams into my eardrums provoking millions of alarms throughout my body. My knees buckle.....I can't breathe.