𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 15: 𝑮𝑶𝑶𝑫 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻 𝑵 𝑮𝑶

"Y/n, take it easy, here's some water," Ran says, rubbing my back and handing me a bottle of water.

When Ran showed me a sketch of a rotting body found on an abandoned pier in Tokyo and told me it was his mother, I puked. I had no idea of this case because it was only broadcast once and then it was forgotten.

She looks bizarre, drawn, and quartered. I can't, I can't shake it off my mind. How can he keep such a sketch?

Ran only told me a few details:

1. Their mother traveled to Shibuya to meet someone, and she never got home, then she was killed-bludgeoned and tortured.

2. Their mother has no identification cards or anything, and because of the damage and rotting body, the authorities are unable to locate her relatives.

3. Their adoptive mother refused to claim their mother's body and flee with them.

4. They have no idea who their father is or what his name is. What a deadbeat dad.

5. Everything, including the investigation, is discarded before the news even spreads throughout the country or reaches 24 hours after their mother's body is discovered. As if nothing happened.

That's what he told me, but I'm too weak to move, and bile keeps creeping up my throat.

Who killed their mother? And why?

What made them flee?

Why was the murder case thrown out? They didn't even try to figure out who that woman was.

He didn't even tell me his mother's name.

And how come they don't know his father's name?

But I'm certain Ran Haitani is concealing something.

Lastly, why did he tell me about it? Narumi-san and Rindou seem close, yet she knows nothing of this.

Ran interrupts my train of thoughts by draping his jacket on me.

"Put it on, it's cold and late," Ran says, patting my head and crouching with his back to me-signaling for me to climb on his back.

I still want to puke because his drawing of his mother is too frightening, but I understand; it was his trauma that caused him to do so.

I climb on his back...... It hits me when we're only a few meters from the riverbank...

Ran fucking Haitani has me on his back, with his hands supporting the back of his knees and my arms wrapped around his neck.

I suddenly blush. It's been a week since the last time we are this close. His body is warm and comforting.

"You know can feel it right?"

"Feel what?"

"Down there........ it throbs."

What the fuck!?

I scream, "Put me down!" I try to wiggle free, but ran tightens his grip on my legs.

"Hey, now," Ran chuckles, "don't scream, people might think I'm kidnapping you."

I rest my forehead on the back of his neck and whisper, "Ran, put me down, please, I'd die out of embarrassment."

No, I'm beyond embarrassed. I'm going to explode.

My neck suddenly snaps behind us, I can feel prying eyes proding at us.
"Ran, I think someone is following us."

"That's Sanzu," Ran snorts.

"No, it's an old lady."

"That's him."