𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 22: 𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑫𝑬𝑹'𝑺 𝑲𝑬𝑬𝑷𝑬𝑹𝑺

Saeki and Ran disappeared again, I bet they'll be gone for another five days.

We were given a five-day mental health holiday by the university, but I had nothing to do and couldn't go out because there is still a slightly visible bruise under my eye, so I called Narumi-san over.

"I can't believe Mrs. Mitsuya would do such a thing." Narumi-san applies ice to my bruises. "I'm disgusted by both of them, but I can't help but feel sorry for Ran; he's only twenty-one, and he should be living his life."

"Saeki said he's frightened I'll leave him if I find out," I say as I gloat whilst leaning on Narumi-san's shoulders.

I grab my walkie-talkie and call Ran.

I close my eyes, I know he wouldn't answer, he must be busy doing Saeki.

"Elin!"

He called me Elin instead of my name-Saeki must be near him.

"Where are you? Are you busy? can I come over?"

Narumi-san looks at me, I know she's disappointed that I asked questions to which I already know the answer.

"I'm working, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you when I come back. Okay?"

He's working-Oh, yeah! Saeki.

"It's alright, I'm busy anyway. I'm doing my final paper for the semester." I'm doing my best to sound more lively.

"Ace, I....I gotta go-"

"Wait, Y/n. I have something to say-"

I put down the walkie-talkie. I can't deal with Ran knowing his whole week belongs to Saeki.

"Narumi-san, there's a party at Yuzuha's house later. I think we need to drink."

"Don't drink Y/n, I just had a vision that if you drink something horrible will happen," Narumi-san explained.

I want to forget about my problem for a while. Mom isn't here anyway. she was rushed to the hospital last night. It must have been hypertension. So she's staying there for a while. So fuck it.

Shiba household, 8:30 pm

I didn't listen......

I went to the party in a black backless dress with lace heels and shades to hide the fade bruise under my left eye.

I can't see Yuhuza or Hakkai yet so I go to the bathroom to check myself.

I'm looking in the mirror when the door opens, and Takashi walks inside.

"Takashi-kun!" I rush up to him and hug him. I terribly miss him, and I hope he's in the right mind to me speak now.

We pass the time by talking about random subjects in the bathroom-our usual routine whenever we want to forget our problems.