Chapter 3: Torch!

A/N: The image in this chapter further down is not mine and all credit goes to its original creator! <3

(Opening theme!)

-----------

Carefully, Marce's small hand reached up onto a high shelf for a box of cereal. A grocery basket dangled from the crease of her other arm and wiggled, sending light taps of its sides against her hip. The Weedle watched curiously as her fingertips barely graze the box, it was clear that she was struggling and having a hard time reaching it. "The curse... Of short people, I swear," through grunts, she whispered and finally gave up trying to get it.

The Weedle heard a sigh escape her lips and blinked its innocent, black eyes at her effort. Miss? You never gave me your name. His little and pitched voice made the girl's hazel hues glance at him from her shoulder and mildly stare in disbelief.

"Oh-- Sorry. I'm Marceline Shade, do you have a name?" The brunette didn't want to stir any commotion or confusion about her conversation with the pokemon, lest people believe she's somewhat insane or just weird. So with hushed words, she questioned the little guy and continued after the cereal box.

No, we never bothered with it. We don't understand why humans have different names. I wouldn't mind it if you gave me one, though. Delighted eyes expectantly gazed into hers his little, round, red feet wiggling excitedly.

"Ah... Well-- Beedrills all look like bees, wasps, or hornets so... Let's see," as Marce pondered and trailed off, she looked around in the aisle to see if anyone was nearby and reached her hand up again. However, much to her luck, the Weedle swiftly crawled up her arm and knocked the box off of the shelf before any chance to use her power occurred. "Heh, thanks," an appreciative smile, a gentle nod of his head was given before he crawled his way back down her arm and nestled against her neck.

"Hm, wait..." again, she trailed off, after the box was picked up and placed into her basket. "How about Hornet? I know it sounds cliché, but it seems like it'd fit. Beedrills sting countless times, just like wasps and hornets. So, if you were to evolve someday into a Beedrill then that'd be pretty cool," as the brunette said this, her feet trekked down the aisle with her gaze scanning the shelves and didn't know that Weedle's eyes twinkled.

So you think that I would be cool as a Beedrill with that name? He felt flattered by her words, to the point where it seemed to have sparked something inside his mind that urged him to question her.

"Yeah. Beedrills are deadly with their attacks and they're fast. I saw how quickly your family bunched up and moved. I've even seen distant pokemon battles before with a Beedrill and its speed was incredible," Marce whispered in reply, a straight face, no smile, she was speaking the truth and wasn't even trying to flatter the Weedle.

Oh wow, I accept the name! I want to be a Beedrill too, one day! Can you help me?! Excitement made Hornet wiggle its body and cheer out with his pokemon cry. It was hard for her not to slip giggles from his cuteness, that was until Matsuo's voice came from the other side of the shelf.