Chapter 7: Lake House

A/N: I do not own the cover image or the picture for the Gyrados for this chapter, all credit goes to the original maker! <3

Here's the original creator's Deviantart link :D! https://www.deviantart.com/varalgus/art/Gyarados-810569823

(Opening theme!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Past the white clouds and high above, where the terrain below looked like quilt patterns, soared Mew. The said Legendary carried everyone with its psychic energy, it was difficult not to giggle to itself at hearing Meigu's constant, fearful wailing.

Marceline couldn't help but smile at him, for he clung to Torch as though his life depended on him and watched as comical tears got lost in the wind. If anything, Blaziken seemed rather annoyed to have his owner, his friend, hang onto him for dear life. Neither of his pokemon panicked, for they knew the Legendary could be trusted and watched a great mountain in the distance grow closer by the minute. "Is that it?" Marce questioned no one in particular, eyes lit up with awe at its magnificent size.

Miss Shade... You can hear us? Calm, reserved, and quiet, he asked the brunette with telepathy as his orange-reddish colored eyes peeked at her from behind.

Those hazel hues of hers peeked at the Gallade curiously, before, shamefully, averting them and nodding. "Yeah, I can. As I said though... I- I'll explain later," The woman didn't want to tell anyone about her curse, about the very thing that scared people away and her powers. Fear held her back so long that she became practically used to hiding it and Prince could definitely feel it radiating from her.

His lingering gaze, full of concern, soon returned to the incoming mountain, and thoughts of her little secret continued to plague his mind. Torch wasn't even able to hear her words, the wailing in his ears prevented it and it only unnerved him more.

The amount of annoyance was enough to make one of his blue eyes twitch and with his big, clawed hand, he pushed on his owner's face. Surprisingly the force managed to pry the buff man off and separate the two once more. "Toooorch, please don't make me let goooo!" Tears of fear comically flew from his hysterical eyes as he reached his hands out pleadingly, like a child wanting to be picked up by its parent.

What caught his attention was when his pokemon both pointed at Mew, who was peaking back at him with a smile and reassuringly waved. Just the look on its face seemed to have calmed the man down easily.

After several more minutes passed, they soon arrived at the edge of the mountain and hovered there in complete silence. That was, until, Marceline's eyes blinked confusedly, and spoke. "Hey, why aren't we landing?" With knitted brows and a lean from her head, she peeked around Meigu's head to see the Legendary stare into the distance. Is it waiting for something? Oh, wait, maybe it's waiting for this special pokemon it mentioned before. Recognition lit up her hazel hues before her head fully faced the mountain's edge, however, a harsh gasp escaped her lips.

There standing on the side of the mountain top was a Legendary pokemon, that her school mentioned had disappeared at one point in history. Astonished, and bewildered, she couldn't believe that she was staring into the very purple eyes that she saw during class a long time ago in a blurred image. Is this... her monologue trailed off, too stunned to so much as blink, and when the said pokemon hovered close to Mew...