Chapter 19: Ghostly Love

Mel, Hornet, Prince, Torch, and Meigu all stood beneath the platform that was high in the air. "Guys? Come on," Meigu pleaded with concern and watched his Pokemon stare at the other two.

Small cries. A conversation of Pokemon languages bounced back and forth and kept the buff man completely confused.

"Sorry I'm late," Marceline chimed in as she made her way over, thankful that Kuro wasn't around right now lest he'd follow her. "So, what's up? Did something happen?" Concern in her eyes and the knit of her brow proved how she felt as she stepped closer to the group.

Marceline. I wanted everyone to gather around, we needed to talk this over. Mel sat down with a flick of her tail and looked up at her best friend.

Prince, with a nod, agreed and Torch simply stared at her with his blue hues. Hornet flew close until he sat on top of her head with a delighted buzz and a sigh. "Seriously... Why? You're too big, Hornet," Whining, puffing out her cheeks, she couldn't help but giggle at how childish the Beedrill was and smiled.

I don't care. You're comfortable! Cooed the bug Pokemon in his Pokemon tongue and made everyone laugh at his words, save for Matsuo who simply found the predicament amusing. Luckily, with Hornet around as often as he is, the buff man was getting used to seeing him.

"Well, anyway, what was it you needed to tell me?" Taking it seriously, she blinked at everyone curiously and saw Mel sigh.

Marce. There was this Ice Pokemon who was spying on you earlier. She said she wanted to make sure that you were safe from the enemy that's from Space. She called you the 'daughter', but I've yet to know who she's referring to. I do know... And it's been clarified, that Kuro is a threat. She kept glaring at him and making sure nothing was going to happen to you. Stern, her slits were, causing the brunette's eyes to widen upon her Pokemon words.

Yes. Torch, Hornet, and I also saw how suspicious he was. I don't think any human would have transparent feet or be as soundless when he moves. Prince stated with a step closer and ignored the curious gaze from Meigu.

While you were catching up to meet with us, we concluded something. We all agreed... That he's some sort of Ghost Pokemon. Mel spoke up through her Pokemon tongue and stood up on all fours.

"Marce? What's going on? Care to fill me in?" Matsuo, with concern and seriousness reflecting in his brown eyes, everyone got quiet until the brunette burst out with surprise.

"What?! No... No way. That's impossible! Hahaha, there's no way!" Complete denial, and nervous, she didn't want to believe the theory of Kuro being a Pokemon at all and lifted defensive hands. "S- Sorry, Meigu..." Trailing off, she took a minute to tell him everything that they said and stood there waiting for his reaction.

"I knew it. I knew it from the moment I saw him! Marceline, he has to be a Pokemon! A Ghost Pokemon as they said. I may not be an expert on Ghost Types but there are a few of them I know of, that can take up a human form," With strong hands on either of her shoulders, he leaned close to her face to make sure she looked into his eyes. "If he's a threat as Mel says... Then we have to keep an eye out for him and make sure you're safe. Believe me when I say this-- He... is no good. He may be your friend, but he's secretive-- suspicious," In his and her peripherals, they saw the nods of the Pokemon and kept his stern gaze on her.