Chapter 4: Immobile Kakuna?

A/N: I do not own any images I put up in these chapters, all credit goes to their original creators!

Also-- I'm looking forward to chapter 5, I'll be posting a very cool picture of Blaziken too made by someone amazing :D!

(Opening theme!)

----

About an hour later, after her nap, water bottles, small snacks, and potions were placed into an average-sized cooler. Hornet remained on her shoulder the whole time as Marce stepped outside to the platform and sat the cooler down. "Alright-- Hornet, this is going to be a rough hold, but I'll have to slide down with one hand... Let's just hope I have a good grip. This cooler is heavy and I wouldn't want Mel to carry it all the way down. It was nice of her to carry the groceries up earlier but-- I can't let her do this, I'm too afraid she might hurt herself," The brunette frowned and leaned over to pick it back up, unaware of her best friend exiting the house and watching her turn to jump down.

Marceline, I can carry it for you. It's not a problem at al- before Mel could even finish her sentence, through her pokemon speech that the woman could understand as clear as English, Marce glanced at her and shook her head.

"No, I'm not letting you do all the hard work. I don't want to exhaust you before you get to help Hornet train, I need to do this. I don't want to burden you," That last bit was practically mumbled and only Weedle's ears picked it up, to which he furrowed his brows.

A sigh, Mel knew she was defeated the moment she insisted but she still tried anyway and ended up failing. Her paws lightly patted across the wood to the edge of the platform, where she watched her friend descend the rope and struggle on her way down with one hand. She needs to learn to rely on me more, I'm more than capable of carrying that. With a shake of her head, those slits closed and a groan was hard to hold in.

With a slight loss of balance, she nearly fell backward if she hadn't held onto the rope after she reached the ground and a sense of panic rose in her mind. "Oh, my word... That was close," mumbling to herself, those hazel hues peeked up the rope and let go to watch Liepard effortlessly trek the branches and climb down the tree like any other feline.

After she saw Mel land and walk up to her side, her feet were about to pat across the ground until her best friend snatched the cooler and jogged ahead. "Mel, that's not funny!" Fuming, annoyed she was, Marce decided to try and chase after her this time and ran past a couple of wild pokemon along the way.

I told you I could carry it, didn't I? Over her shoulder, the feline questioned and blinked her mischievous yet concerned eyes, for she believed proving her capability would be enough to let Marceline give up.

"UUUGH, fine," an exasperated groan left the brunette's lips when her eyes rolled at her friend's behavior, she was still tired but not as tired as earlier and didn't care too much for arguing right now. "But I'm carrying it back home after we're done," Her lips tightened into an unintentional cute frown, a pout that Mel always that was amusing to see.

That's fine-- because by then it won't be as heavy. You'll use a lot of this stuff before we head back. An almost teasing tone to her voice nearly made the brunette's eye twitch and caused another groan to escape, therefore, she continued her trek.