Chapter 11: Strengthening Focus!

(Opening Theme! :D)

~~~~~~~~~

"She'll be okay," Warmth, from Meigu's strong hand, enveloped Marceline's forehead after he placed it gently and ignored Mewtwo who kept his violet hues upon the slumbering brunette. If anyone saw his expression, they'd think he was angry or frustrated and refused to speak.

The concern over her well-being kept bubbling inside and the Legendary noticed how Meigu's Poliwrath, Blaziken, Gallade, and the woman's two other friends all watched her intently in hopes of her waking. He, too, wished she'd open her eyes but knew better than to push her. Never in his life did he think he'd take in a human, or... A pokemon made to appear and behave as a human. Strange emotions stirred, a sense of protectiveness and guilt. Regret accompanied the worry he had, over the woman, and could only feel anger over his own stupidity. The balls on the tips of his fingers clenched to form fists when he recalled those moments, how she nearly drowned and died. How her friends brought her to the surface so the buff man could perform CPR.

No one saw his subtle action, for his hands stayed close to his sides and kept his face straight. Although, when she stirred, everyone including him was taken aback the second her eyes tiredly fluttered open. "W-... Where..." Confused and groggy, those hazel hues opened to see all of her friends move closer to her frame. Very slowly did recognition bring light to them, it didn't take long for her to remember the drowning experience and the pain in her lungs.

With haste, the brunette sat up and looked around. Everywhere, she frantically touched her clothes, she could feel the dampness, and the brown hair that she intertwined her fingers through was almost dry as if she just finished showering. "Guys-- I'm so sorry, I should've-" As soon as she looked at the others once more, a gentle hand from Prince caught her attention. However, Meigu's voice that she heard resonated from her side, pulled her gaze to him instead, and took notice of his furrowed brows. The smell of sweat and grass filled her nose, which only brought worry to her face.

"You shouldn't have listened to Mewtwo. Geyser helped me get to you and take you to land, she's a pretty fast swimmer too so I'm happy she got you there in time. How's your head? I noticed you were in pain before you fell into the water," The buff man's concern seemed to have dwindled slightly, although, she could still see it in his brown eyes.

"Yeah... Thanks to this miniature Psychic Plate, I was able to fly very far. So much further than I ever have. It felt amazing, honestly.~ It felt... Like no chains were weighing me down," When she lifted her palm, her gaze hazed over with swarming thoughts. She felt free and alive, as though the walls around her had crumbled when she flew. Slowly, her fingers pressed against her forehead, when a faint smile graced her lips.

All the more reason for you to train. Mel, who stood next to Torch's side and mewed her poke' language, spoke up with a sudden determination glinting in her eyes. If you felt that good, then imagine how much better you'd feel if you mastered your Psychic power. Liepard knew she was right, the nods of a few other heads only proved it and carefully she walked closer.

"Mel... Yeah, it gives another reason to keep training, haha. Thanks, guys... Really. It sucks that I can't swim. My mom pretty much sheltered me-- save for going to school. My schools never had any pools or swim classes," A pout on her lips formed when she sighed, because deep down a small fear lingered over the thought of somehow drowning again. "Well-- when do I start?" Curious, she blinked and looked at everyone until they landed on Mewtwo several steps away.