Chapter 18: Pure Suspicion.

(Opening Theme :D!)

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kuro? What brings you here and why did you follow me?" Several steps past the protective Pokemon, she tried to get close to him but was quickly stopped when she saw Meigu's hand lift in front of her. Forced to stay close to his side and pushed back, concern filled her eyes when she noticed his stern look.

Quiet, both men continued to stare each other down. The intensity between them made the air around the others thick and uneasy, for his Pokemon and Marce rarely ever saw that side of him.

Their heated silence soon came to an end when Kuro opened his mouth to speak and chuckled. "Hahaha, Matsuo. To tell you the truth-- I was planning to walk her home. After all, I just recently returned and I think It'd be fun to hang around her more often. Especially... When she's surrounded by others," From a delighted smile, he emphasized as though the word was toxic. Disgust in his voice was barely noticeable to everyone else, but he knew by the look on Meigu's face, that he heard it.

Just as quickly as the wind, Matsuo's bright smile returned, and stepped backward so he could pull Marce close against his side. "If that's the case, then sure! The more the merrier! I was going to do the same thing and walk her home, she's pretty exhausted," He didn't seem to care that Marce was uneasy by his action, it was almost instinctive to keep her as close as possible and keep a fake energetic aura to convince.

"G- Guys! It's alright-- really! I have Hornet, and we both have to go home so I'll have someone with me anyway. You can-" Marce protested and struggled against his hold. Thankfully he let go, however, it was Torch's turn to pull her back and stand in front of her.

"Don't worry, Marce. We just want to hang out together, alright? Let's get going then!" Cheerful, he was when he answered. A nod to his Pokemon reassured them and was an indication to push her along.

"A- Alright... Sure," Confused and worried, there was something wrong. Why is he acting like this? Why is everyone being strange? I don't mind them tagging along, but this whole thing feels off. Evident concern riddled her face, nonetheless, her feet trekked across the grass and followed the others.

~~~~

She wasn't aware that the bright smile on his face had fallen when their backs were to him. Far behind his Pokemon, the brunette, and Hornet, he followed. To his side was the stranger he felt suspicious about, for a frown and a glance at the supposed man who walked with him proved it that much more. "How long have you known Marce?" It was barely noticeable, but he could've sworn he saw transparency around his feet or clothes somewhere.

"Since we were in school-- actually.~ We're childhood friends. She had no luck making other friends in school, I was all she had to talk to," Soundless movement from his legs, as though he were skilled with stealth, he answered and kept with the buff man's speed. Not once did he make eye contact since his attention was heavily focused on Marceline and the other Pokemon.

"Thank you, then, for taking care of her in the past. She told me everything... I take it-- she told you about her experiences in a lab and her upbringing?" With all seriousness, he too returned his gaze to the brunette ahead of them.