Special: In Another Time 2/6

Tokyo Hospital_
Hours later_

"Y/n!" Rein's older brother, Reijin, shouted, I turned to see him rushing down the hall, his parents close behind him, "what happened?!"

"I'm sorry," I apologised, "I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry. He--"

"It's not your fault," Reijin grabbed me before looking to the doors that lead into emergency surgery, "how long has he been in there?"

"Hours," I answered, "I don't know what they're doing but I'm hoping when they come out... He'll be..."

I couldn't even get my words out properly.

"He'll be fine," their mum repeated a couple times, "I can feel it. My son isn't going to die today. He's not ready to. It's too soon."

I watched her for a moment before looking to Reijin who just nodded.

Yeah. They're right.

Rein... Live. Please. I'm waiting for you out here. We all are.

°🎶°
Half an hour later_

The 'EMERGENCY' light suddenly switched off.

The doors opened and the doctor walked out.

He pulled his mask down and walked over to us.

"Rein... He's a strong one. He's going to survive," he announced.

We all collectively let out loud sighs of relief.

"What's his condition?" their dad asked quickly.

"He's unconscious right now. A minute more and he may not have survived this close encounter with death," the doctor told us, "he sliced clean through an artery but I've managed to successfully create a blood clot in the openings and stop any more loss of blood."

I have no idea what any of that means but I'm guessing it's a good thing.

"He might be unconscious for a while which is a good thing because we need a few more hours of observation to make sure that those clots stay," he continued, "right now, those clots are his lifeline. If they break free and his artery tears again then he's going to be in the red again and I'm not sure I'll be able to get him back out."

"But he's fine now?" I asked, "I mean-- he will be?"

"Yes," he nodded, "We're going to make sure of it."

I nodded and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Can we see him?" Reijin asked.

"As I said, he's unconscious so he won't be able to communicate but you can sit in his room," the doctor confirmed, "I'll have someone take you. If you'll excuse me, I need to go wash up."

"Yes. Thank you so much," their mum thanked him before he nodded to us and walked away.

"Speaking of washing up," their dad spoke up, I looked to him confused, "you should go home. Get a shower, get changed. Come back once you've cleared your head a bit."

"But-" I tried to argue but Reijin just steered me away from his parents.

"Y/n," we stopped moving once we'd gone down a couple corridors, "You're tired."

"No. I'm wide awake," I replied.

"OK. You're not physically tired. But you are mentally tired. And you're covered in blood," he gestured to my hands and my clothes, "y/n, go home. Come back later. Maybe in the morning."

Ah.

Right.

"Yeah," I nodded, forcing a small smile, "I think I need a shower. Yeah. Uhm-- will you.. Will you call me when he wakes up?"