||65||

That evening we had dinner and Cloudia emptied out his wallet after the crew appeared and I dragged them into the dinner. It was totally worth it after seeing his face. Absolutely brilliant!

Now we're backstage preparing to go onto the stage to compete in the prelims.

"You guys ready?" Cloudia asked as I passed Zen his gloves.

"Yeah," I nodded, "how about you guys?"

"The crew is set," he nodded, "and Kyoya is on status updating already."

"Typing away at that laptop as usual," I looked past Cloudia to see Kyoya sat on a chair with the crew staring at his laptop and occasionally looking at his phone as well.

"Zodiac! You're on in two!" someone announced.

"Well that's our cue," I nodded.

"Break a leg out there," Cloudia shot us a thumbs up before we all turned and got ready to go onto the stage.

"And now: Zodiac!" the presenter announced. We walked out onto the stage and took our positions.

Myself and Zen amped our guitars up and then turned to face the crowd.

"Hello, everyone, we are Zodiac! Today we'll be singing a new song!" I announced through the mic. I looked at Zen, he nodded and then I looked to Nanan who shot me a thumbs up then to Chika. He started to play.

(this is Rise by Katy Perry, the rock cover by State of Mine)

"I won't just survive. Oh, you will see me thrive," I sang, "Can't write my story."

"I'm beyond the archetype," both me and Chika sang together.

"I won't just conform. No matter how you shake my core," I continued alone.

"'Cause my roots — they run deep, oh," both me and Chika sang together again.

"Oh, ye of so little faith," I sang alone, playing as I did. 

"Don't doubt it, don't doubt it!" Chika echoed.

"Victory is in my veins," Zen took over, 

"I know it, I know it!" Chika echoed again.

"And I will not negotiate," Chika took the lead.

"I'll fight it, I'll fight it. I will transform!" I echoed.

"I will transform!" Zen basically shouted over the mic. Bit too much energy there...

"When... when the fire's at my feet again," Chika sang, "And the vultures all start circling."

"Circling!" Zen echoed.

"They're whispering," Chika continued on.

"Whispering," Zen echoed. 

"'You're out of time'," Chika continued, "But still I rise."

"This is no mistake, no accident," I took over, "When you think the final nail is in."

"Nail is in!" Zen echoed.

"Think again," I sang.

"Think again," he echoed again.

"Don't be surprised," I continued, "I will still rise."

There was a small instrumental then I started again.

"I must stay conscious," I sang, "Through the madness and chaos. So I call on my angels. They say..."