||4||

"We'll order out food and then I'll start talking but you're not allowed to say anything until I'm finished, alright?" I looked at the brunette sat across from me seriously. She nodded and we began looking at the menu. Eventually a waitress came over.

"Can I have number 4 and a glass of water, please?" I asked.

"Of course," she nodded.

"I'll have the number 5 and a glass of water too please," Haruhi ordered.

"Alright," the waitress nodded, "I'll be back with your drinks shortly."

We nodded and watched her leave before I began.

"To begin, I feel like I should say I was a lonely child," I told her, "my dad is the CEO to a large entertainment business and so I was excluded a lot. Over time I really began not wanting others to be near me until one day when I was three, a new kid joined our day care."

"Everyone this is Rein Kazuto. Look after him, alright," the leader of the day care introduced a new boy. He was blonde and had honey eyes that were almost golden.

I found myself mesmerised by his eyes, they were a shade I'd never seen before. Very beautiful.

We went back to doing our own thing and I noticed that Rein had gone straight to the large group of kids and began playing with them. Don't know why he was going to be any different to the rest of the othe--

"Hi, I'm Rein, what's your name?" the blonde appeared right in front of my face, startling me and causing me to fall back, "oh I'm sorry, did I scare you? I just noticed you were all alone and wanted to come play with you... That is if you're OK with it?"

"Don't bother, Rein," one of the other kids walked over, "that's y/n. He doesn't like anyone and won't play with anyone. There's no point trying to play with him. Come on. Let's go play ball."

"He was pulled away and never tried to ask to play with me again," I told Haruhi as the waitress placed our drinks on the table in front of us.

"Thank you," we both nodded. I took a drink of mine before continuing.

"I thought he was like the other kids who just didn't care about the lonely kid who was the heir to some big entertainment business," I told her, "but he proved me wrong maybe a week or so after he arrived."

I leaned against the cherry blossom tree with a book in my hands.

"What you reading?!" Rein appeared in front of me again, "did I scare you again? I guess this would be the perfect time to say 'we should stop meeting like this', right?"

I don't think you used that phrase right... But OK...

"I-I'm reading (favourite book)," I replied, looking away awkwardly.

"Oh really?! That's a grown up book! You can read that?" he gushed, sitting down next to me and looking at the pages, "I can't read that at all! You must be super smart, huh?"

"U-um... Yeah," I nodded, we fell in silence while Rein studied the two pages I was currently on, "Uh-- Rein... Why're you here and not with the others?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Rein asked, looking at me seriously, "because you're all alone all the time. Plus those guys are kind of mean. They keep saying mean things about you and I don't like it."

"I see.." I nodded looking down.

"You also look really lonely..." he mumbled, I looked at him shocked, "y/n. Let me ask you something serious."

He moved so he was opposite me.

"W-what?" I asked, taking in his serious expression and awkwardly looked anywhere but his eyes. His gaze is intense. Kind of scary...

"Be my friend," he said.

"Huh?"

"You heard me. Be my friend," Rein demanded, "no actually, be my best friend. We'll stick together until the end!"

"A-alright," I nodded, he grinned and dragged me into a hug.

"Awesome!"

"He was really energetic. But I think that's why we got along so well. He had all the traits I was missing and I had the ones he was missing, somehow we got close and stayed really close because of that," I continued, "Rein was one hell of a weirdo. Anyway, naturally, I was surrounded by music growing up and I seriously fell in love with it but didn't do much to put it into action until one day when I was seven, my dad had this band over who were signing to join our agency. Me and Rein snuck down and peeked into the meeting. We were spotted and the lead guitarist offered to show us some stuff on the guitar and it was then that we both knew that wanted to learn so we did. And we became really good at it too."

The waitress came and gave us our food, we thanked her and she walked away again.

"When we were eight we met our third party of our friendship. His name was Zen Reishi and he was also learning an instrument, the bass," I continued, "and that's when the idea came into our dumbass of an energy ball, Rein, to start a band. At first me and Zen were reluctant, but after listening to Rein go on and on for ages we finally gave in just to shut him up. However, we realised that a bassist and two guitarists was kind of a sad excuse for a band and so we went around our school looking for potential musicians. We looked around for about three months and found no one until one day, when it was snowing and everyone was huddled up in their classes, we went to the music room to practice just to come across a pianist. He was Chika Kotaro and Rein begged him to join the band, he was a year younger than myself, Rein and Zen, so at first Chika thought we were just messing with him but eventually he agreed, but on the condition that we find a drummer. Without one, he wouldn't join."

I sighed and leaned back in my seat.

"It was a really difficult task but one day me and Rein were walking home when we came across a kid, also a year younger, being beaten up in an alleyway," I continued reliving my past.

"Hey!" I shouted.

"Huh? Who are you?" one of the delinquents beating up the ginger kid asked, turning around to face me and Rein.

"We're your biggest regret," Rein replied, I gave him a weird look.

That made no sense.

"Why're you beating up that kid?" I asked, stepping forward and looking up into the guys eyes.

"He didn't pay back what he owed," he replied, "you gonna step in, tiny guy."

"Yes. Yes we are!" Rein replied before flying past me, his fist connecting with the guys face.

"Are you crazy?! There are four of them and two of us," I whisper yelled at him. We've fought a few times because apparently guys feel inferior to each a bit too easily sometimes... But this is the perfect example of biting off more than you can chew. Dumbass, Rein.

"I suppose I have no choice," I nodded, getting ready to fight as well.

"We got beaten to hell and back that day," I laughed a bit, "but the kid we 'rescued' was so grateful he said he'd do anything. So Rein said he could point us in the direction of a drummer, the kid got excited and said he was one. His name was Nanan Iko but we called him Kitten because he loved wearing cat ear headbands, something about standing out, although his hair colour did that enough for him already..."