12.

12. Be patient

I was ringing Eevi's and Olli's apartment's doorbell. They are going to Oulu for couple days to see they're families. Also they got their puppy two days ago, and Eevi asked me to take care of it until they come back. They didn't want to take it with them, he's so small and because of the vaccinations it's better for him to stay. Also to get to known to his new home.
Eevi came to open the door for me, smiling she let me in while explaining that she wrote some instructions down. And when I took my shoes off and placed my stuff on the floor she told me about the foods and stuff.
I walked further and then the cute little puppy came to see me excited. I kneeled down.
"Hi Figaro, you're too cute to be true." I said smiling while petting him.
Eevi giggled while Figaro was licking my hand, so I took him in my arms and stood up. His dark brown eyes were so cute.
I walked further to the apartment and saw Olli walking out from their bedroom with two bags.

Eevi and Olli had some eye game going on, like they tried to speak through it. I found it a bit weird, but the little puppy in my hands got my attention back, so I walked to the couch and sat on it.
Those two were whispering something, and then the doorbell rang.
Figaro got a bit scared so he almost hid his head to my armpit. Olli walked to the door, while Eevi looked a bit nervous.
"Are you waiting for someone?" I asked frowning. She didn't respond. I heard some talking from the hallway.
Then Olli walked back, followed by someone familiar.

"Oh great." I only sighed quietly when I saw that the other one was Joonas. He just stood there, crossing his arms against his chest. His eyes met with Eevi's, then Olli's.
"We thought it would be better if there would be two people to take care of Figaro." Eevi then said while her gaze wandered between me and Joonas.
We didn't say a thing first, he hasn't said anything yet.
I saw how Eevi watched Olli with a strict look, like she wanted him to say something as well. Olli cleared his throat and scratched his neck.
"Yes. It's.. uhm.. like you two would replace me and Eevi.. it wouldn't be so confusing to Figaro.. I think." Olli just tried to say something. But anything what he said didn't make any sense. I saw how Eevi tried not to laugh, she had to turn around and pretented to look outside from the window.

"Yes, because Figaro definitely thinks that me and Saga are like you two. Is he blind and doesn't have sense of smell?" Joonas frowned to his long time best friend.
"Is he also deaf?" I continued and Joonas pointed his finger towards me and kept that eye contact with Olli.
Apparently Eevi got herself together so she turned around and watched us all smiling. We all stared at her, Olli probably waiting for her to make an better explanation.

"Look! You already agree on something, that's a good start. We have to go now, have fun and focus on Figaro. We'll come in two days, don't worry!" Eevi started to talk while leading Olli towards hallway with all their bags.

"Wait! Are you guys really leaving us here? We can't sleep here together." Joonas spread his hands while turning around to watch his friends to leave. I was just rolling my eyes on the couch, petting Figaro while he watched this mess confused, he listened very carefully everything.

"What? You two have slept in the same apartment before, probably at the same bed!" Eevi said serious, I just sighed and I heard how Olli gasped.

"You have? What! No one has told me." Olli said confused, but he didn't get any answer because Eevi already closed the front door after them.
Now it was silence, only me, Joonas and this puppy.
Slowly Joonas turned around, put his hands on his jeans pockets and made his way to the big couch, sitting far away from me.

"You can go, I can handle this alone. Let's just tell them when they come back that everything went fine." I suggested, not even looking at Joonas. Figaro got bored in my lap so he jumped off and took small steps towards Joonas, waving his tail.
I started to play with my rings again.