18.

18. What if I'm the one

"Fucking leave me alone!" I shouted angrily to a man that has been flirting to me for a moment, he wasn't listening my words earlier. He just frowned and had that annoying smirk on his face, he has been following me for the whole night further away.
I was at some festival, Eevi asked me to come with her again, and I think that Joonas wanted me to come too. They finished their gig about fifteen minutes ago, Eevi left to bathroom soon after that and this man.. he has some issues.
I started to walk again towards the bathrooms, I needed to find Eevi now. But the man took a grip of my wrist, it made me stop and look at him.
He looked me up and down, he was also drunk.
"You should go before I'll kick your ass." I hissed to him quietly, he chuckled and pretented to be shocked.
"Rough words from a woman like you.. I like that." He grinned widely while holding his beer on his other hand. I slapped his hand and he let go of me, but he didn't care. What's wrong with these people?

"A woman like me is more dangerous than you think." I kept the eye contact and my poker face. His grin started to fade away slowly. I heard Eevi coming towards us from behind me, she was telling a monology how gross the bathroom was where she was. She stopped next to me, staring the man in front of me like I did.
"Your friend is..." The man said to Eevi, shaking his head and walking away.
I turned to look at my brunette friend, she was frowning and watching me weirdly.

"He was just disappointed that I wasn't into harassment." I rolled my eyes and Eevi showed me a disgusted face, then looking after the man.
"That son of bitch.. but let's focus on nicer things, someone like.. Joonas..." Eevi started to lead us away from the festival area, smirking. I just showed her a bored face.
"Please Eevi.. don't." I shook my head amused, but her smirk didn't fade away.

We waited for someone to let us in to the backstage area, Eevi was texting often to everyone, probably some mad texts. She was sighing and trying to call to Santeri.
"Bitch..." She said underneath her breath while lowering her phone from her ear, he wasn't answering.
She looked at me with apologizing face.
"I'm sorry that your birthday had to go like this.. it was nothing I wished it to be." She said clearly disappointed.
Oh, yes. Today is also my birthday, it was also the reason why Eevi wanted to bring me here to have fun. I've never liked any of my birthdays, when I was a child I usually spent them at my own room, playing with my dolls and stuff.. alone. My stepdad didn't let us do anything, not going anywhere. But I remember my mom sneaking into my room with a small cake she bought from the store, wishing me the happiest birthday.
"We'll be okay." She always whispered to my ear while we hugged.
We ate the cake together, and that was always our moment, only the two of us. And mostly that happened at night when stepdad has taken so much drugs that he was just at the couch, staring at the ceiling with a smile on his face.
And for the last years I've spent my birthdays completely alone, not even remembering that it was the day.

"We have the whole night ahead, don't you worry." I comforted her, not really caring but I had to pretend that I do. She just showed me a smile.

"Hello ladies, this way." Santeri suddenly stood behind us, showing with his hand to a different direction. We both frowned with Eevi, but he smiled.
"You ass! Why you didn't answer, aren't we going to the backstage area?" Eevi questioned confused while we started walking next to him. He didn't say anything, only keeping that mysterious smile on his face. I started to feel nervous, has they done something because of my birthday.. a suprise or something?

Soon we arrived to a black limousine, we heard some music through it. My mouth was slightly open as I freezed in front of it, Santeri opened the door and immediately I heard a lot's of talking and laughing, and music. I turned to look at Eevi, she smiled widely.
"You knew?" I asked shocked, she just laughed and nodded. Wow, she's a good at acting irritated and disappointed at the same time.
Santeri smiled to me as I sat in, and now everyone in front of me were cheering happily.