Chapter 4

The way of living I want seems so hard to reach. I wanted to live peacefully without anyone.

But how could I do that? I am too dependable on everyone. I got used to it. As I wanted to grow and live the freedom that I needed, I chose to stay in this hell.

Why? Maybe because it's slowly consuming me. It made me so used to being comfortable in hell. It makes me alive.

No one. No one was responsible for my decisions. To the choices that I made by myself. It's just me.

But is it wrong to blame it on someone? Even though it's my responsibility, I couldn't make any decisions like that if it wasn't because of them.

Seems the world that I looked comfortable with before, became unpleasant to my sight now.

"Why are you going to study at Herrera Academy?" Lolo looks at me suspiciously. All of them.

We're all at the dining table and having dinner.

I just got back from school. The first sem is ending soon, and I am planning to transfer to Herrera Academy this second sem.

The reason? Well, gusto ko sundan si Arya. Ilang buwan din kaming hindi nagkita.

We're still communicating, of course. She made a Facebook account and added me. At first, I was dumbfounded when I saw it. But she messaged me and said, "Hi, beh! Si Arya e2!" Then confirmed, that it was her.

Hindi naman kasi talaga nag-f-Facebook 'yan si Arya, e. Text at call lang kami pag magkikita.

Akala ko talaga ay tinakasan niya na ako.

Going back, I have to grab this chance to get their 'yes'.

"I would like a different environment po. With that, I can learn how to communicate with others. It will be an advantage for me if I would enter politics someday." I said with a smile.

I hid my smirk when I saw them smile. Is that a proud look? I think I did better, huh? 

"Excellent idea. Then, I'll ask someone to prepare your papers. You'll stay at Belle's house, okay?" Lolo stated.

I smiled. "Thank you."

"Do us proud, Tijana."

I didn't mind that due to my excitement. I couldn't think more but foresee what would happen to me.

I grabbed my phone and texted Belle.

Ako:

I have a surprise!

Seconds passed and my phone beeped.

Bellypie:

What is it? Ikaw, huh? You'll send me lots of pera ba?

I chuckle.

Ako:

Hmmm... 🤔

And the conversation continues. We don't communicate every day, but there's always a bond between us. She's my favorite cousin.

But, on second thought, do I have other cousins?

"Be safe, Tijana. Also, don't act carelessly." Mom said.

"Update us regularly." Daddy sighed.

"Don't do anything that can taint our name," Lola stated. As always.

"Be careful." That's the only thing Lolo said.

Just as I expected, they'll say those things. I just smile at them and look at my two siblings.