Chapter 6

Regret. It's one of the scariest things you could feel. The feeling of regret will consume you thoroughly until you can't handle it anymore.

But the scariest thing is, how could that regret to fade away? Does it need to be begged for it to go away? Is it as simple as that? Should we kneel to get rid of it? What should we do?

There are no excuses for what we have done. But I know we should beg for forgiveness. As long as Arya will forgive us, it is enough for me. I will understand if she won't open her arms for us. After what we have done? I don't think we deserve her back. I will just look after her and it will be enough.

Months passed and we continued to go to Sophia's house. Not because of Sophia nor for group study. It was because of Arya. Arya's the only reason why we're always there.

Sophia exaggeratedly told her family that we were always going out. It's a lie. We're not going anywhere except here, at Sophia's house.

The reason why she's doing that, I don't know. But maybe because of Arya. She wants Arya to hear that. What's the point though? Did she want to make Arya jealous?

It won't work, Sophia.

Arya might be, slightly, but she will look at that positively. I have known Arya that much.

However, I couldn't see any emotions in Arya's eyes. It looks dead.

What we have done? 

"Hindi ba matapang ka? Bakit hindi mo pinagtatanggol sarili mo?" I followed her upstairs and asked Arya. "Dahil magulang mo sila? Pero parang sobra naman na ata ang ginagawa nila." 

But she just laugh. "Don't act as if you care. If you're done talking, go back." Tinalikuran niya na ako at mabilis na pumasok sa kwarto niya. 

Sumikip naman agad ang dibdib ko na tila hindi makahinga. Luke grabbed my hand. I was shocked when I saw him here.

"I followed you. Let's go," he guided me downstairs. He also bid goodbye to everyone while I was just staring at nowhere. 

When we were at Luke's car, I just stared out the window. No one dared to talk. Until we arrived in front of the gate. When I looked at him, he just smiled at me. I just nodded my head and opened the door. 

There's no one in the living room. It's strange because they were always there when I arrived. Well, saying things and spitting daggers.

When I was about to open my room, one maid came to me and said. "Ma'am, nasa hospital po sila ngayon."

It made me shiver. "Why? What happened?" I asked with a panic.

"Si Linus po," I didn't let her finish and hurriedly ran.

Thankfully, there was a driver when I arrived at the parking. I immediately said to go to the hospital and he immediately obliged.

The car was not properly parked but I opened the door and ran in front of the information desk to ask where's Linus.

"Linus!" I called his name after I opened the door.

I looked around and it exposed my whole family, except for Belle. Probably she's still at Sophia's house. 

"What did you do, Tijana?!" Lola screamed when she saw me. 

My forehead creased when I didn't know what she was talking about. What is it this time? 

"You bought Linus a cake?!" she screamed in front of my face. 

I was stunned. It's because it's true. I bought a cake yesterday for Linus. He said he missed my favorite cake so I bought it for him. I didn't know it would happen. But why they are blaming me? As if I want this to happen?