Chapter 8

"If... If I'm too much to handle, tell me. I... I will understand you..."

That's the exact word I told Luke. When we started dating, I was so scared of what would happen because I knew what my family would do. I know they'll stop this relationship I am having for the sake of their reputation. For the sake of their name.

"Love won't do anything for you, Tijana. Don't be a fool." That's what they engraved inside me. That's why growing up, I don't believe in such love. Scared that I would be a fool.

Now, I can't think because of the built-up emotions that had been going on for a while. While I'm on my way to Bicol, I can't even breathe loudly. I kept thinking about what would be the reason why they wanted me back.

It is a long hour drive and exhausting at the same time. I'm tired and sleepy because I can't focus on other things due to my worry.

We arrived safely and I hopped down to go directly to the house. When I arrived in the living room, I saw them, my whole family except Belle. Their looks scream power. A power you do not want to disobey.

"Tijana, you're such a disgrace! Walang kwenta!" Lola screamed in front of my face and slapped me.

I... I didn't do anything yet I got this wonderful slap. I am exhausted yet they chose to embrace me with harshness.

They don't miss me at all, huh? Instead of hugging me and telling me, they missed me, they chose the way I hated the most. Harshness.

"I allowed you to go there because I want you to excel! I wanted you to do your best even though I doubt that because your cousin's there! Now, what did you do?! You're so unrefined, flirt girl!"

Did I forget to tell you that my Lola is talented? She can make me feel below everyone, make me feel I'm not good enough, and make me think I don't deserve anything at all.

"Such a shame, Tijana! You go around there, flirting with that boy! Flirting as if you are allowed to! And what?! You didn't even become a valedictorian?! A cum laude?! Huh! You're such a shame! I regretted that I allowed you to go there if I only knew you'd bring shameful news!"

I just low my head down. I am tired, I don't want to bring more chaos. When I lifted my head I saw my family staring at me with no emotions at all. So, they are also ashamed of me? Even my siblings?

Lola screamed a lot and said lots of hurtful words as if I were not his granddaughter. Her words are daggers that directly hit me.

And it ended not well. They locked me inside my room. Literally.

Hush now, Tijana... You have yourself.

They'll bring me food every breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But I barely eat anything. How could I eat peacefully? Knowing that I am inside the cage? Knowing my Luke waiting for me.

They confiscated my phone and other gadgets. I don't have any communication with anyone at all.

The door opened and it showed Linus and Lira.

"What are you doing? Are you thinking of dying?" Lira asked, sarcastically.

I just stared at her and then looked at Linus.

"What a shame..." I heard Linus whisper. A whisper I wish I didn't hear.

Where are my siblings? Who took my siblings away? I thought... I thought they loved me. Why is this happening? Why did they seem mad and ashamed of me?

They left looking unpleasant.

"What a shame..."

"What a shame..."