~Chapter 21~

TW: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL ASSAULT. IF THIS TOPIC TRIGGERS YOU PLEASE CONTINUE ON TO THE NEXT CHAPTER.

Devin's POV:

Once Shaylynn left I decided to take a bath and finish reading my book. I bought the book "Through my window" about three months ago but I just now started it.

It's a lot better than I thought it would be, to be honest.

I grabbed a pair of pajamas and went into the bathroom. I turned on the water and felt it to make sure it wasn't that hot.

I added my favorite soap to make bubbles in it.

I also added a lavender bath bomb and bath salts that my mom had bought me for Christmas last year.

Christmas is coming up soon so I wanted to make sure I used them soon.

I turned off the light's in the bathroom and I got in the bathtub. I first let my body soak in the bathtub. I grabbed a rag to wash my body.

I tensed up as the rag brushed over the bruises on my arms and legs.

It made me start thinking about the pain as he laid on top of me leaving me in a position that I couldn't get up from.

It made me think of the pain the morning after a night with him.

I felt my whole body underwater. The warm water soaked every muscle in my body. 30 minutes later I heard a knock at the door of my room.

"Hi Honey, I just wanted to bring you some dinner" My mom. She was so sweet. I got out of the bathtub and put on my bathrobe.

I walked to the door of my room and opened the door.

"Thank you mom" I took the plate from her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. It was almost 8:00 pm so I sat and ate as I watched TV.

I watched almost 2 hours of TV. I still wasn't close to being tired but I had school tomorrow so I had to go to sleep.

Once I shut off the TV, I heard my phone buzz. I looked over and it was a message from Shaylynn.

"Hey Dev, it's Shay I just wanted to say goodnight and I love you. We are going to stop him, I promise" One tear rolled down my cheek at the thought of not having to worry about him ever again.

I turned off my phone and went to sleep.

---------------

My alarm went off at 5:00 am. My mom always liked me getting up early because her shift at the hospital starts at 6:00 so she makes breakfast right before she leaves.

She has always made breakfast before I go to school.

It never took me long to get ready. I put on skinny jeans and an oversized light purple butterfly shirt.

My hair was extra curly and frizzy this morning so I just put some curl cream on and called it a day.

Before meeting Brad, I never wore makeup but he says "It would make me look better" so I just did it so I didn't have to hear his bullshit.

He made me a nervous wreck I swear to god.

In the beginning, I liked Brad minus everything he did to Shaylynn. He had good charm and he was sweet. Until we hooked up.

After we hooked up the first time, it was like his free ticket to do whatever he wanted to me. Whenever he wanted, he would do whatever. There were a couple of times I told him to stop and he hit me.

After that I just let him do it. I didn't think there was anything I could do to stop it.

I finished putting mascara on and then I put my shoes on. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.